ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Caption function ?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/26/17 09:37 PM Views: 735 Replies: 4
Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 9:37 PM

We are trying to add captions to our photos, but once we type a caption, and hit enter, it only adds a line. There does not seem to be a button to post the caption.

Can you help? We love Class Creator, it is such a great tool and we're keeping our website even tho our reunion is over! And we're looking forward to the next one.

thank you!

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 9:44 PM - Response #1

I've added hundreds of captions to photos and just tried adding one and it worked fine. This is a photo that I uploaded to a page, then hit enter to bring the cursor below the photo, then typed the caption, clicked on SAVE CHANGES at the bottom of the page, and the caption took.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 10:05 PM - Response #2

Thanks for the quick reply. I should have been a bit more clear. We are trying to add captions in the galleries, not on profile pages or comments to the class. I can't add a screen shot here but will try to describe:

Go to a selected gallery. Open the pictures that I've loaded. Click on Add/Edit Photos and they all come up on the screen. To the right of each image is a box that says "enter caption here" which we've done. But there is no way to save it. No button at the bottom of the page to save changes. The caption just hangs out but doesn't show up on the gallery page.

Ideas? thanks so much.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 2:08 AM - Response #3

Wendy, I'm not a Class Creator administrator, so I can't click on Add/Edit photos on your site.

Further, our site has no gallery photos, so I must defer to someone who has uploaded them.

Edited 09/27/17 2:30 AM
Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 10:26 AM - Response #4

Hi Scott.... I figured something out late last night. Strange but it works. There is no save button for captions.
Here’s what I did.
I opened the main photo gallery, selected an album, opened it, then clicked on Add/Edit photos at the bottom.
That opens all the pix in the file (or you can select just yours), with the caption box to the right. Click on the box to the left of the pix. Type in the caption. Click preview and you should see the caption below the pix in blue. Then go back to the gallery and the caption will show.
So I'm guessing that its an auto save function rather than manual. This should be added to the FAQ and setup instructions. Or a save button be added.
I appreciate your replies!
Wendy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.