ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

White space, picture

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/12/12 07:24 PM Views: 1119 Replies: 4
Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 7:24 PM

In announcements, when I put in an obit copied from newspaper, it gives me white space before it shows. I realize it's probably to wide, but don't know how to fix it.
I also would like to use the picture that is included in her profile (Beverly Rogers (Cary). How do I get the picture from the profile to the home page?

I am using an Apple IPad which doesn't allow me to view the flash training video that might help me.

What can I do?

Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 8:02 PM - Response #1

The Obituary, if you click on the SOURCE button, you can see this: width: 420px; Announcements can only be 390 (sometimes a little less).

I think if you change this one width, it will make everything fit again.

You can view her profile, then right-click on the image and copy the URL for the image. Then edit the announcement (or home page) and click the IMAGE button and paste the URL you copied for the image. It will now display on the home page, too.

Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 9:13 PM - Response #2

Thanks.....BUT
390 px fixed the obit so there was no white space, but when I added the picture to the announcement , BAM, everything was pushed down again. I tried using, 350px and 300px, all to no avail.

Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 10:41 PM - Response #3

Her photo was too wide. I dragged the top-left corner and resized it and now it fits fine.

Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 11:08 PM - Response #4

Thank you, it looks great now.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.