ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

New Member Notices

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/18/13 07:17 PM Views: 880 Replies: 7
Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I am set up to receive notice whenever someone joins the site. One other admin (I'm the root) is set up the same way. Today, he got notoce of two new members. I didn't get any such notice today! Any thoughts?

Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM - Response #1

We find it depends a lot on the email server. I have two emails for my admin account and sometimes one notice is 12 hours behind the other. I get duplicates of everything and recently my second email hasn't been showing up with the first. Mac.com, aol, gmail, earthlink & classcreator mailbox emails vary widely in their delivery.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 8:40 PM - Response #2

Barry.... I had the very same thing happen to me today. Two new profiles this morning, which showed as new on the website, but I didn't receive the notifications through email until later this evening. I am the root admin and receive my emails through a hotmail account and I use Google Chrome.

Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 12:01 AM - Response #3

Today, I approved a new member, first new one in a couple of years. I screwed up and did not press the button at the bottom of the approval page authorizing a notice be sent of a new member. When I went to the Classmate Profiles page, his name was there, but no green check mark. There was a mark showing his profile had been updated since my last login, but no green check. I may be overreacting, but will everyone (anyone?) get a notice of a new member? If not, is there anything I can do so the proper symbols follow his name and notice of his membership be sent out? Thanks.

Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 10:36 AM - Response #4

Not sure. Can you provide first initial and last name for me to investigate?

Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 12:20 PM - Response #5

I just checked. The green check mark is there. A profile update notice was delivered. A new member notice did not go out. I would have liked to correct the mistake once I made it. The name is H. Silverstone.

Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 6:08 PM - Response #6

Maybe email the class, informing them of the new member?

Monday, February 10, 2020 at 3:42 PM - Response #7

I agree. There is not a way to retroactively send a notification that should have been generated. I don't know if there was an issue at the time that caused the email not to fire. Unfortunately. It is difficult to track down instances where something did not happen, Especially when the system seems to be working properly now.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.