ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Any experience with classmates that objected to a photo of them on website?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/04/13 10:42 PM Views: 1003 Replies: 19
Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I was just wondering whether any of you have had objections raised by classmates who did not like some of the photos that included them, that are posted on your sites? We're new here, but have our site up and going, still in process of course. Recently when we sent pictures of our 50th reunion to classmates via email, one classmate was really upset because we circulated a picture that included her which she did not like. (This was before we started our new website.) So I'm just thinking ahead to this possibility, and wondering whether it's come up for any of you?

Thank you. PPH

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 12:05 AM - Response #1

Why didn't she like it, did she say?

I had someone tell me that was not them in the photo, being the wise A-- I am I ask them if they an mirrors in the house: Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 12:12 AM - Response #2

I would say that person had issues of how she thinks she looks and not how others see her. We all can't be a young Elizabeth Taylor all our lives (we do get old and put on a few pounds.) I have grown to like who I am and I have plenty of friends who ask to take a picture with me (I am no Sean Connery or Tom Selleck, nor did I ever want to be. She needs to learn that what is inside, that really counts.

Terry

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 12:15 AM - Response #3

I have had classmates ask me to remove a photo because it was not a good photo of them. I removed the photo. Why not! When I loaded photos from our 50-Year reunion, there was one of myself that I did not load for the same reason. Keep it fair.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 12:22 AM - Response #4

She simply did not like the photo. Some folks are super sensitive about photographs.

I like Terry Sweeney's answer: It truly IS all about what's inside that counts!

Thank you both.

Patty Holler

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 12:24 AM - Response #5

The only thing we had remotely close to that type of complaint was one did not like her Sr. photo that was in the annual which we use for all profile pix, and she had one made at a different studio to send with her invitations, and she provide us a copy of it to replace her Sr. photo with.

I am curious as to why she objected? Sounds like a 'photo-shop' opportunity. LOL

Hopefully, this is a one-time incident.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 6:32 AM - Response #6

Patricia Holler wrote:

I was just wondering whether any of you have had objections raised by classmates who did not like some of the photos that included them, that are posted on your sites? We're new here, but have our site up and going, still in process of course. Recently when we sent pictures of our 50th reunion to classmates via email, one classmate was really upset because we circulated a picture that included her which she did not like. (This was before we started our new website.) So I'm just thinking ahead to this possibility, and wondering whether it's come up for any of you?

Thank you. PPH

Hi...yes I had that issue early on. I switched out her photo with a silhouette like the one Facebook uses when no picture has been posted. I have also requested that classmates without pictures send me one (preferably from around graduation time) and I'll post that instead. Hope this helps!

dave

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM - Response #7

Out of 42% of my class that joined the website 2 requested that their high school photo not be posted. Neither would they send me or post any recent photos of themselves.
I didn't ask why. So we just went on without photo of them.But I think that's a good percentage. I wouldn't worry about it.
Barbara

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 9:16 AM - Response #8

We are in the process of uploading 28,000 yearbook pictures. No complaints so far.

I take golf pictures and some people refuse to be photographed! Not sure why.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM - Response #9

Never had this request... so far. Wink However, I have asked others not to post photos of yours truly from our reunion. Just the thought makes me shutter! YIKES! I do have one I may add to our reunion photos at a later date. I hid behind another classmate with my head on her shoulder... so that one is just a big head with bigger cheeks from the big smile I was wearing. (Yes, Bill... I have mirrors. That is why! )

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 9:59 AM - Response #10

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!

This topic reminds me of a 'document' that I posted* about 'reunion jitters' for those who were reluctant to attend the reunion.

I THINK many of you will agree, it is the 'person inside' that we wish to connect with, whether it be on our respective sites, or at another gathering - NOT the body, looks, etc.

With that said, I would always respect the wishes of a classmate, even if it required a little 'photo-shopping' to blur their face if in a group picture.

* - I am on the road today, but will send it to anyone who wishes a copy - rather lengthy to post here.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 10:49 AM - Response #11

If the person who complained is in a group photo, I would not replace the photo unless I had a substitute that would suffice. Obviously if it is a photo of just that person, I would do as asked.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 11:34 AM - Response #12

I had a series of then and now photos depicting faces only. Then was in 1961 and now was in 2011. One individual lady asked for me to remove it. Since it was an individual photo I did. She said she did not like to have photos taken of her. However at the 50th reunion there was a group picture of 6 people who all went to the same small college and she was in that photo. I left that photo on the site since it was not an individual photo.
Rich

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM - Response #13

I've never had that problem with my pictures. I have several group pictures, reunions, parties, luncheons and etc.. If I have a photo or if somebody has sent me a photo of somebody, I get permission from that person in the picture before posting it on my website.. Nobody has refused, yet...

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM - Response #14

Just curious. As a woman I'd like to ask if most of the requests came from men or women.
Barbara

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 7:10 PM - Response #15

Wow! Have we really become reduced to this? There are sooo many more important things in life to be concerned about, i.e. your health, your family, your friends to name a few. Take it from one that's been where not many have been.

I find issues such as this should really be put out with the...oops, I almost said trash. Imagine if I had done that. LOL. Too many folks have jumped on the "I'm offended" train lately.

C'mon, Let's remember what really matters! Just tell your classmates that the camera doesn't lie. No photoshop! I always suggest we'll not post a separate photo of the complainant. But if you're caught in a candid or posed group photo...NO CAN DO. Your option is to not be part of the class website. I mean, I'm just sayin'........... what I mean.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 7:39 PM - Response #16

We had a bit of that, but not in the way described. When we created the "memory book" of the reunion some of the admins thought some people were caught in unflattering poses (in their eyes). So they went out of the way to substitute pictures that were NOT taken at the reunion. These were "friends".

Yes, there are way more important things to consider. I couldn't believe the wrinkles in my neck eitherRolling Eyes

Monday, December 9, 2013 at 2:14 PM - Response #18

Thank you all for your kind and thoughtful responses. This is a great site, when a simple question from a newbie here can generate so much caring and helpfulness!

Monday, December 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM - Response #19

Jack- I do believe your tongue is firmly imbedded in your cheek. LOL
Interesting the many replies from the early 60's people. Hmmm.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.