ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Letter getting classmates to join

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/19/18 06:52 PM Views: 515 Replies: 1
Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 6:52 PM

We currently have 71% of our class on the website. I would like to encourage more to join. Is there a sample snail mail letter that I could send to those classmates that haven't joined to do so?

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 10:08 PM - Response #1

I've never seen a sample snail mail letter. We initially notified everyone by phone and/or postcard, and sent one additional postcard to those who hadn't joined.

It brings up the question of why people don't join. We've discovered some of our classmates do not use a computer and thus will never join. Others are still carrying a grudge about the way they were treated in high school and before, so they will not join nor likely ever attend a reunion. For others, high school was not a meaningful enough experience to attend a reunion and reminisce about the good old days, so they likely will not join. Finally, one of our classmates has a severe mental health challenge, and will thus likely never join.

We're at 79% who have joined, and I've reluctantly accepted that we may never get much higher than that. I'd feel pretty good about your 71% figure.

Edited 09/19/18 10:08 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.