ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Phone app

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/08/12 10:36 AM Views: 947 Replies: 4
Monday, October 8, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Since the new changes on the site we recently changed our policy of not sending out "In Memory" emails. I received an email from a member who says the site will not allow him to select names in notify. I did not check this myself. Is it the same on the phone and on a computer? I think I heard you guys are working on a phone app?

Monday, October 8, 2012 at 12:17 PM - Response #1

Whether or not any particular feature of our site works on any particular mobile device is not something we can provide any assurance of. Mobile browsers vary in sometimes odd ways causing various things not to work. One significant issue with a number of the features of our site is the unavailability of Flash on certain phone and tablet devices. We are working on phasing out Flash to better serve this market, but we won't be done by Tuesday. Wink

Monday, October 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM - Response #2

Eric B Bassey wrote:

Whether or not any particular feature of our site works on any particular mobile device is not something we can provide any assurance of. Mobile browsers vary in sometimes odd ways causing various things not to work. One significant issue with a number of the features of our site is the unavailability of Flash on certain phone and tablet devices. We are working on phasing out Flash to better serve this market, but we won't be done by Tuesday. Wink

I checked using Notify Me on my iPad, and found that it works just like on my computer...i.e., I CAN select names. Don't know about how this might work on other mobile devices. Eric - I'm happy to hear that you are working on phasing out Flash, as that does cause some issues with the iPhone and iPad. No need to complete this by Tuesday Wink but it will be appreciated when there is time to get this done. More and more of us are using tablets and phones these days. Thanks for putting this on the list. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Monday, October 8, 2012 at 1:01 PM - Response #3

Eric,

No need to have this done Tuesday. Wednesday would be fine.

Flash is a pain on other sites that I use too. I am sure as soon as you phase out Flash they will fix all of the problems. Then you get to deal with problems with the new program. This is the way it goes for all things right?

If I had a feel of how many of our 6,000 profiles have selected the "notify" I would have a better idear if I need to send out In Memory emails. The funny thing is I am getting people telling me they miss the emails.

So is there a way to know how many people selected the notify option?

Thank you.

Monday, October 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM - Response #4

We've had a few requests for some statistical feedback to admins from the Notify Me feature, but have not implemented it. I think it is a very good idea, myself.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.