ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Pictures in file vault

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/20/13 06:56 PM Views: 1077 Replies: 9
Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 6:56 PM

How do you delete pictures you no longer use in your file valult and where is the file vault? I am about out of room and can get rid of lots of pictures that I have put on the homepage over the years.
Cindy a lioness
PS I know very little about what I am doing so explain it is simple terms, please! Smile

Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 7:42 PM - Response #1

Cindy,

There are lots of things that are stored in your File Vault that take up room. There are really two separate locations in the File Vault (think of them as directories where files are stored). One is for IMAGES and the other is for LINK OBJECTS (like PDF, MS Word documents, and MP3 files)

I checked your file vault for LINK OBJECTS and it is entirely empty, so that is not your problem. To view this file vault, you go to Edit Site Pages, Edit Home Page (it doesn't really matter which page, you just need to be in the editor), then click the LINK icon - 3rd from right on 2nd row. Then you click FILE VAULT. You will see it is empty.

The IMAGE file vault stores uploaded images for your pages and Photo Gallery images. The only way to delete the Photo Gallery images is through the Photo Gallery. You can view the Photo Gallery images in the IMAGE file vault, but that is all.'

To see the IMAGE file vault, go to Edit Site Pages, Edit Home Page, then click the IMAGE button. You will then see the FILE VAULT button. When you click that button, you will see all of the images that have been uploaded and are taking up File Vault storage space. NOTE: Classmate uploaded images to their profiles does not take up any File Vault storage.

You can delete images from the file vault, but be sure you aren't referencing those images anywhere before you delete it. If you have that image on one of your pages, when someone views that page, they will not see the image if you delete the image, they will just see an empty box or nothing at all.

When you are in the IMAGE file vault, at the top-left side of the screen, you will see the words "Gallery Photos". If you click that link, it will expand and you will see the entire photo gallery's photos, but you won't be able to delete them here..

Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 8:20 PM - Response #2

Kyle,

I am curious, after the new CC upgrades currently planned for Jan 27, 2013, will file vault be the same OR will it be changed? And if changed, do you know the result?

Reason I ask is I have been wanting to clean-up, and organize my file vault by creating folders and putting files in those folders. It is my understanding about file vault now, that you cannot simply create a folder and move already saved file vault items to the folder, that you have to actually reload the item like new into the folder and then go back and delete the original file vault item, therefore, requiring you to then go and re-edit the page of the item if it was currently being used, since it would now be gone, leaving a blank or empty box of the former item. This is all correct for current status, right?

Thanks for your time!
~Marla

Edited 01/20/13 8:22 PM
Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 8:58 PM - Response #3

Marla,

The File Vault should not be changed. What you are understanding about the file vault is the current status and will be the future.

Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 9:15 PM - Response #4

THANK YOU KYLE!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 at 11:10 AM - Response #5

Good morning Kyle, I need your help. When I am in a comment post and want to add an image to that page, I go to Image Properties, then click on File Vault. The file vault is blank, although I see the storage capacity is the same as when the list of all my uploaded images was showing. So the images must still be there. Don't know when this changed. Thank you !

[quote="Kyle Erickson"]To see the IMAGE file vault, go to Edit Site Pages, Edit Home Page, then click the IMAGE button. You will then see the FILE VAULT button. When you click that button, you will see all of the images that have been uploaded and are taking up File Vault storage space.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 at 11:16 AM - Response #6

Melodie,

This is a "special feature" of IE10. You need to turn on the Compatibility mode whenever you try to access the File Vault. Do this by pressing the F12 button.
Here is a quote from the Help Forums:
"To get my file vault to display, I had to hit the F12 key, click on browser mode and select IE10 compatibility mode. If that should work, be advised that the browser mode will reset back to IE10 and you will have to select the compatibility mode each time you have this problem."

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 at 11:56 AM - Response #7

Kyle, I knew you'd get me there. Thanks dude, you're da bomb !

Monday, August 4, 2014 at 10:04 PM - Response #8

I'm using Safari. Any options to view the file vault? If so, how?

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 10:46 AM - Response #9

Go into any editor page. Click the chain link icon. Click the File Vault button. Should work just fine in Safari.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.