ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

PayPal - Donations

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/28/09 11:17 AM Views: 1782 Replies: 6
Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 11:17 AM

I created a donations button on my homepage using the donations module. Everything is running smoothly except that when a classmate clicks the button and goes to the paypal screen, they see the purpose of the donation being the "WJHS Class of 1969 website". This is narrower than the text that I had put on the button itself which was to support Class of 1969 reunion programs. I called PayPal to see how to change the purpose section of the page and they said that it had to be changed on my website by amending the HTML code. I am not sure where to do it since I can only find the code for the button description when I go back to the home page donation module. Thanks,

Ben

Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 11:45 AM - Response #1

That default wording cannot currently be changed, although we can drop in a new form field on the Manage Donations page to let you define the purpose of the donation that shows up in PayPal.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 12:39 PM - Response #2

Thx

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 8:21 PM - Response #3

Brad . . .

How do I create a Donation Page?

I have my paypal account entered through the Home Page link, but I want the Donation as a stand alone Page. Our class would like to recondition and repair our Senior Mosaic Gift that is 40 years old. I would like to add text and photos with the paypal donation button.

Kudos in advance.

Cav

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 8:52 PM - Response #4

You need to create your own button.

1. Log into your PayPal account and click on Merchant Tools
2. Click Buy Now buttons
3. Select the Donate button
4. Follow directions on screen to configure the button
5. When done copy the button code to your clipboard
6. Return to your Class Creator site
7. Go into edit mode for your custom donations page
8. Click the Source button to enter source mode
9. Paste your Donate button code
10. Add any additional text and/or images above or below your Donate button.

Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 11:15 AM - Response #5

I'm trying to set up a Donations page for a Memorial Scholarship for a deceased classmate.

I've followed the directions for the setup through the Paypal account, but I can't find the donations module on my ClassCreator website. How do I set up the Donations button?

Thanks,
Eileen

Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 12:25 PM - Response #6

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Click the Edit button next to Home Page
3) Place a checkmark next to the Donate module to activate it
4) Click "Manage Donations" to the right to set up your module
5) All you need to do is enter your PayPal email address. The system will set up everything for you. Make sure you don't copy any code from PayPal's site into your Donate Module edit window -- it's already all automated simply by typing in your PayPal email address.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.