ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Bounced Emails

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/09/12 06:47 PM Views: 2146 Replies: 22
Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Can I remove the bounced tag from my classmates. I have no way of contacting them with that tag on their profile. I should be able to change it....

Sharon

Friday, August 10, 2012 at 11:05 AM - Response #1

The bounce tag means that emails from your website to that address cannot be delivered. If you read the bounce messages, you can often see the explanation in the last few lines of the section marked "transcript". In most cases, it is because the email address is invalid. In some cases, it is because the spam filters on the receiving email server have either identified the messge itself as spam or the system sending it as a spm source and have declined to deliver it. Sometimes, the bounce simply requires a person to respond to it to assure the receiving system that the message was not generated by a spam program. In such cases there is a Reply button on the page where you view the bounce message.

In any case, the only ways a bounce can be removed are:
1. By us (in the case where the receiving server is spam blocking us and we have identified and corrected the problem) or ;
2. By the person whose email address is blocked (but only after they have resolved the problem that caused the bounce in the first place). The classmates will see a notice at the top of every page of the website informaing them of the problem and providing a link to click AFTER THE PROBLEM IS RESOLVED which will send an email to the blocked address. If the problem is resolved, then that email will be delivered and the recipient can click the link it contains to remove the bounce block. If the email is not delivered, then that is proof that the problem has not yet been resolved.

Friday, August 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM - Response #2

Sharon O'Neill wrote:

Can I remove the bounced tag from my classmates. I have no way of contacting them with that tag on their profile. I should be able to change it....

Sharon

While you can't contact them via your site you can still go to their profile to get the offending e-mail address and try it via your regular e-mail. If that fails a telephone call may be in order.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 4:33 PM - Response #3

Can you remove the Bounced Email tag from this classmate. See the following message.

Hello Mike,

Thanks for thinking about me. I have enable the classcreator.net. I check to see if it will work.

I'm not sure about your Birthday so just in case I will wish you a Happy Birthday now and many more.

Karen

In a message dated 8/14/2012 12:35:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, mefloydiii@yahoo.com writes:

Karen,

I have been trying to send you a Happy Birthday card through the TeeJay website, but it won't allow messages to be sent to you because they have bounced in the past. AOL has a history of blocking email unless you list the following two email addresses in your contact list.

noreply@classcreator.net

tjhs.1962@yahoo.com

This is called white listing. If you don't do this you will most likely not receive other important emails from the website.

Mike Floyd
804-869-9550

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 5:01 PM - Response #4

The bounce has been removed.

Monday, December 31, 2012 at 8:50 AM - Response #5

I have verified a bounced email address but still can't send an email to them through the site. How about giving the Administrator a way to clear the "Bounced" Tag from a classmate?

Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 12:31 PM - Response #6

I agree - the admin should have the ability to clear the bounced flag. And there should be a be better way for the admin to find a list of the email address that are bad other than doing a fake global email and scrolling through the whole class list

Regard
Charlie

Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 2:04 PM - Response #7

But how would you clear the condition that caused the bounce? Another rejected e-mail may then cause Class Creator to be identified as a spammer which would affect us all.

Edited 01/10/13 2:10 PM
Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM - Response #8

Would it? my emails go out as admin@gphs71.org.

I have a case where the classmsates email is bounced off
I have talked to the classmate and his says is still good
I send email from my personal email and it does not bounce back.
I can not fix it. I need to bother him again and ask that he logs in and fixes it using a process that I can not see to help him with.

Friday, January 11, 2013 at 10:39 AM - Response #9

We cannot make available any means for admins to remove bounce blocks without creating the opportunity for admins to harm their own and others' ability to have email from our system delivered at all.

The reason is that ISPs fighting spam consider not only the sending domain, but the sending IP address, and even the sending IP address block, so a pattern of ignoring bounces could result in an entire IP block being banned.

Fighting spam is a huge and constant war, and the battleground conditions are constantly changing, so something that is working one day may fail the next. It takes a lot or resources to keep up with, and we do our best, but since we are a small company, we have to tighten restrictions a little in order to provide a more generally reliable service. That is the tradeoff, and I'm afraid we really cannot do much about it.

Friday, January 11, 2013 at 12:22 PM - Response #10

Well i now have two email addresses the classcreator has logged as bounced but I have successfully sent via my personal email. since i appear to be totally dependent on getting the classmate to do something my hands are effectively tied.

Friday, January 11, 2013 at 12:30 PM - Response #11

Charlie, I have reviewed the bounces for your site and removed the ones that appear to be caused by temporary issues.

Friday, January 11, 2013 at 12:42 PM - Response #12

thank you for that. however the two that i was referring to were not update: carl cash and debbie white poston

Friday, January 11, 2013 at 12:45 PM - Response #13

Carl Cash: This account has been disabled or discontinued
Debbie Poston: Invalid recipient (bad address)

Those are both valid bounces.

Friday, January 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM - Response #14

Yesterday, I called carl cash and he confirmed his email account to me. I sent him an email from my personal account. It has not bounced back nor has he replied

I also sent debbie poston an email. She replied to acknowledge receipt.

Friday, January 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM - Response #15

Then they'll need to ask their email providers why they are sending bounces for legitimate addresses that say the recipient is invalid.

Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 8:55 PM - Response #16

Eric, emails to my my co-admin are also bouncing. Can you fix the bounced email problem for L. T. Holder?

Thanks, Bob Kelly

Eric, please disregard this post. He found an email asking him to verify his email address. Once he did this, he started receiving emails.

Sorry about the confusion.

Bob

Edited 02/24/13 2:36 PM
Monday, March 11, 2013 at 1:17 PM - Response #17

I have a bounced email on two classmates, Beth Bobby and Jimmy Messer. They both assure me their email address is correct and I have corresponded with both through the regular email method using that email address. Can you un-bounce them for me.

Thanks,
Doreene

Monday, March 11, 2013 at 1:22 PM - Response #18

Beth's bounce said mailbox quota exceeded and James's said mailbox temporarily disabled. I removed both, but if either reoccur then Beth/James will have to resolve the issue with their email provider.

Monday, March 11, 2013 at 3:37 PM - Response #19

Thank you so much.

Doreene

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 11:06 AM - Response #20

Guys, one of my classmates, Sandra Morgan Perry, says she is not receiving any emails sent from our web site. Could you please check to see if a "bounce" needs to be resolved for her?

Thanks, Bob

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 9:15 PM - Response #21

Hi Bob,

Sandra's account has been cleared. Her last bounce stated her inbox at her email provider was over quota. When she logs in she would have been seeing a message to allow her to send a test to clear the bounce. I went ahead and cleared it her.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 9:17 PM - Response #22

Thanks Jessica.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.