ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Uploading Senior Photos--Any easyway?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/08/09 04:48 PM Views: 1620 Replies: 9
Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Do we have to individually crop each senior photo out of our yearbook scan in order to upload to each individual profile, or is there a super secret trick that we don't know about. We have about 575 classmates, and probably not that much time on our hands. Thanks!

Edited 04/08/09 4:48 PM
Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 5:38 PM - Response #1

It would be nice if there was some super duper trick, but there is not. Commit to doing 10 per day and you'll be done in 6 weeks. Find another admin who will also do 10 a day and you'll be done in 3 weeks. The fact is, it's a total pain, but your Classmates will love it. Smile

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 6:06 PM - Response #2

I just add people as they sign up....I am only getting about 2 or 3 new people per day so it's not bad at all. I am doing a multi class site with 1200 people.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 6:33 PM - Response #3

What I did was scan each page of the yearbook that had senior photos. Then I cropped each photo from the page individually. When you scan the pages first; then crop individually; it didn't seem to take as long. I don't know how others did it; but this was the simplest way I found. Fortunately for me I had only two hundred and I got it scanned; cropped and loaded in two days.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 7:05 PM - Response #4

Yep, I just cropped mine one at a time out of the scanned page. My scanner broke so I scanned them at work a bunch of pages at a time, saved them to my USB drive and worked on them at night. It went faster than you would think.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 7:23 PM - Response #5

Janet Griswold wrote:

I just add people as they sign up....I am only getting about 2 or 3 new people per day so it's not bad at all. I am doing a multi class site with 1200 people.

That's a great idea Janet. Wish I had thought of it before doing my 180 plus senior pics. I scanned by the page too and then cropped and photo shopped them all too. We had a brown tone yearbook and it scanned like crap!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 7:29 PM - Response #6

I had 300 classmates. I timed myself and found that I could easily do about 20-25 an hour if I was really focused with no interuptions. But basically I'm lazy and I asked my reunion committee to scan assigned pages and e-mail the results to me. I had all photos scanned within a day or so. Once I got them the upload process was super easy for just me. I put all the scanned photos in one file. I had asked everyone to save their scans in jpg with the classmates first and last name as the file name.

The uplaod process went like this. I went to edit site pages, classmate profiles, a list comes on screen with all classmates in alphabetical order and either a picture icon or the word "add" in each classmate line. I went down the list clicking in the order they appeared. Select browse and set file once where pictures are, click save and go to next "add' and right on down the list. Had it totally done in a few hours.
Curly Harman

Edited 04/08/09 7:30 PM
Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 7:58 PM - Response #7

Osseo *Class of 84 wrote:

We have about 575 classmates, and probably not that much time on our hands. Thanks!

I want to go to your reunion at the indoor water park.. sounds like a blast!

Monday, April 13, 2009 at 8:40 PM - Response #8

I took our yearbook to a local photo shop - they scanned each photo individually and put it on a CD for me - cost wasn't much at all.

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 5:28 PM - Response #9

I like your answer! I am very interested!

What kind of a photo shop did this for you?

Thanks,
P King
Waltrip HS Class of '67 Houston, TX

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.