Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Delete a folder

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/24/09 12:49 PM Views: 2183 Replies: 4
Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Hi all.

Two questions -

1) I created a second folder in the File Vault but then realised I didn't need it. It won't go away when I try to delete it. What do I do, please?

2) As my file vault limit has nearly been reached, Mike Johnston in your team told me I could purchase additional space via Subscription. I can't find any mention of that on my Subscription page. What's the situation?

Thanks,
Mark

Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 5:21 PM - Response #1

1) Monday I'll have Programming check out the yellow File Vault folder you're having difficultly removing.

2) If you use up all 200 megs of your File Vault space you can purchase more hosting space directly from your File Vault or from your Subscription link. The option will not be present at all though until you need it, i.e. you actually have to run your File Vault out of space first.

Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 6:32 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Brad.
Interesting approach to the File Vault space problem but no real problem if the additional space is made available as soon as you ask for it. I guess it's designed to prevent anyone buying additional space unnecessarily, but will the system recognise that the file I want to upload is too large for the space available and trigger the offer to purchase more?

Edited 10/24/09 6:52 PM
Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 10:25 PM - Response #3

It was really more of an interface decision. Let's say only 5% of sites or so actually need the option of buying increased file space. The decision was not to show links and buttons on the interface for more space when the vast majority of people will never need it. Or at least didn't in the past, anyway. I guess it's the "less is more" theory, just keeping the interface simple.

In answer to your question though, you can actually exceed your File Vault space 1 time. The system won't stop you from going over. After you do though, it just won't let you upload anything else. The minute you've exceeded your default capacity your File Vault will show a text link to buy more space if you want to, and a new button will also appear under your Subscription link to purchase more space if you want to.

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 7:29 AM - Response #4

Thanks for replying, Brad. Clears that up.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.