ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Lists of Classmates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/18/16 08:27 PM Views: 1013 Replies: 3
Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 8:27 PM

Just wondering if there is a list of classmates minus the ones that are joined and are deceased?

I would also like a list of classmates minus those that have joined and are deceased and have no e-mail address?

Our class is 614 students. I have not accounted for 458.

Does anyone know of a place that I could find out how many of the 458 are no longer with us?

I think there is a website that will give you someones e-mail based on their mailing address?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 12:22 AM - Response #1

Are all 614 names on your Classmate Profiles list (I can't see it due to it being restricted)? If so, have you sent a message to everyone for whom you have an email, asking the status of those who haven't joined? Of course, you may not have the current last name for some of the married females.

As for an obituary search, I have a subscription to genealogybank.com, which allows me to see obituaries for free from many newspapers in the country. You may view the list of available newspapers on the site to see if it's worth it to get a subscription. The subscription also includes access to the Social Security Death Index, which may be helpful if you know the birth date of classmates. A recent decision prohibits Social Security Death Index updates until three years after the passing of an individual, so, as of today, you won't see any SSDI entries after October 2013.

It's a tedious process at best to try and track down everyone, especially for a class your size.

Edited 10/19/16 1:34 PM
Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 12:53 PM - Response #2

Another good site for locating deceased classmates is www.findagrave.com

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 5:22 PM - Response #3

Paul Mercier wrote:

Just wondering if there is a list of classmates minus the ones that are joined and are deceased?

I would also like a list of classmates minus those that have joined and are deceased and have no e-mail address?

The list is fairly easy to obtain. Go to Manage Classmates, Download Class list. Then check or uncheck those you want to see in the list. Be sure to check email status. This can tell you a lot. For example, if someone has Not Joined, it will say so. If the status is blank and they have an email address listed which is not bounced, you should see a date in the Joined On column, indicating they are registered. If the status is blank and they have no email address listed, then you know you are not in contact with them. You can sort the downloaded list all sorts of ways and you can also apply filters if you know how to use them.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.