ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Delayed Email Notifications

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/30/17 05:14 PM Views: 841 Replies: 10
Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 5:14 PM

April 28 thru April 30, our website email notifications are delayed by at least 24 hours including notification of classmates' birthdays. Turning 70 is a big deal - yesterday 3 classmates celebrated a birthday & 24 hours later, classmates received their birthday notification one-day late. Additionally, the NFL Draft was held in our hometown. Loads of NFL Draft posts are now taboo & meaningless. Our Class is active & responsive on our website. According to Notify Me, our view percentage has been low the past 2 or 3 days. Can tech support please help out. Thank you.

Edited 05/01/17 11:45 AM
Monday, May 1, 2017 at 3:03 PM - Response #1

I just went back through my email folder I did receive the notify me emails as expected. I do not know of any delays and Jessica did not reset the server over the weekend.

Monday, May 1, 2017 at 3:37 PM - Response #2

Scott,
Thanks for your reply.
Yesterday at 4:33pm, I received email notifications dated & posted on our website 24 hours before. Since I check our website daily vs waiting to receive any Notification, your comment receiving "as expected" puzzles me. And there were other Notifications received two and three days late. Notification delays often occur on weekends. My responsibility to my classmates is my primary concern. When classmates contact me privately/not through our website asking why notifications are arriving one-day late or more, I'm hard-pressed giving classmates an explanation. For example: a Birthday occurring on April 29, should be acknowledged on April 29 if the notification is received on the same date. Replying by personal email to a classmate on a happy occasion defeats the sense of community we're trying to achieve.

Edited 05/01/17 3:46 PM
Monday, May 1, 2017 at 3:58 PM - Response #3

I understand your concern. It is difficult to speculate any reason for late delivery of your emails when I received the emails that were generated from your site at their usual arrival time. I wish I had a better answer for this particular issue.

Monday, May 1, 2017 at 4:11 PM - Response #4

Thank you. Scott. Wish you had a Better explanation. Today is the first time in months I received a Forum reply notification within a reasonable time. Usually I go directly to the appropriate Forum hoping someone replied. The server seems unreliable sending messages. However. I do appreciate receiving your replies today. Thank you.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 10:37 AM - Response #5

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

I just went back through my email folder I did receive the notify me emails as expected. I do not know of any delays and Jessica did not reset the server over the weekend.

I don't know what happened over the weekend, but something definitely did. I got the Once Daily for Saturday - which happened to be a birthday announcement - in my ATT account at 6:42am, about an hour later than normal. The email to my test account's q.com address came in at 6:12 am, about half an hour later than normal. But the copy to my alt-listed Gmail account didn't wander in until Sunday at 2:12pm. The Gmail copy normally comes in 3-4 hours later than the other two, probably due to volume and batching, and I assumed this one was just another 'server hung and had to be reset' issue. But looking back at my forum posts, this is not the first time that the Gmail copy was a day late.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 11:53 AM - Response #6

I wonder if there was some sort of hang up at gmail?

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 2:16 PM - Response #7

Scott,
I also receive CC Notifications sent to my Verizon email address. Since April 25, Verizon.net CC Notifications arrived even later than gmail. To illustrate, thru gmail, today I received your Forum post. Your post from today hasn't yet arrived on Verizon.net
Email Notifications generated by CC server often are not received in a timely manner - i.e. days vs hours. I'm having no difficulty receiving daily gmail or Verizon.net email on time, generated from other sources. Hope any portion of my message will help to resolve receiving CC Notifications in a timely manner. Thank you.

Edited 05/02/17 2:18 PM
Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 6:44 PM - Response #8

Checking back to notifications received sent to Verizon: assume Forum posts are sent to Admin primary email address - which in my case, is gmail. Website email notifications are sent to both. Is this correct? Thank you.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 1:21 PM - Response #9

That would be correct.

Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 10:36 AM - Response #10

Thanks, Scott!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.