ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Pages and sub-pages - transfering content

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/30/13 05:10 PM Views: 1288 Replies: 7
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Before the wonderful upgrade, one of my personalized pages was called "Reunions: 10, 36, 40, 45". In it I had picture galleries of all previous reunions.

I have now renamed the page "Reunions" and have created 4 sub-pages, "10th Reunion", "36th Reunion", etc. Only thing is, I cannot figure out how to transfer the photo galleries to their new homes! The answer is probably staring me in the face but I'm drawing a blank. Help please! (When you get a chance).

Thanks,
Bev
www.OHS-1965.com

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM - Response #1

Go to gallery creator, create four new navigational links.
Edit each of the galleries
Associate the gallery with the new navigational link by using the drop down on the page and then save the changes

You will now have 4 photo galleries on your left side menus.
Now use these new navigational links instead of the ones you created earlier and make your fly out menu.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 12:07 AM - Response #2

Kyle,
I have about 20 individual Photo galleries on one page. How do I get those to new seperate pages for each gallery?

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 6:10 AM - Response #3

Hi Kyle,

I'm afraid I didn't get very far.

Quote:

1. Go to gallery creator, create four new navigational links.
2. Edit each of the galleries
3. Associate the gallery with the new navigational link by using the drop down on the page and then save the changes

I went to the gallery creator and created 4 new links. Great! But that's as far as I got.

Where do I edit each gallery? I went everywhere I could think of, but I couldn't find the picture galleries to be able to associate them with the new links. Where are those galleries hiding?

Bev Shulster

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 9:34 AM - Response #4

Bev,

On the Gallery Creator page, you will see a list of all of the navigational links AND a list of all of the galleries. The Navigational Links show up as BOLDED. If you EDIT the photo gallery, there is a drop-down that you can use to associate which navigational link the photo gallery is associated with.

You will need each photo gallery on a separate page (separate navigational link) in order to have each gallery on it's own fly-out menu.

When you EDIT the photo gallery, the drop-down you are looking for is titled "Within Link:"

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 10:14 AM - Response #5

Kyle,
Thanks. I got itRolling EyesRolling Eyes

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 1:45 PM - Response #6

Me too. Many thanks.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 10:44 PM - Response #7

LIKE this!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.