ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Site email address

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/07/10 09:21 AM Views: 2579 Replies: 13
Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Is there any way we can pay extra or whatever to have email come from our site address rather than no-reply@classcreator? No matter what you send out to whitelist I know it is landing in some peoples spam. I love the site and truly think this is the only real weakness.

Thanks,
Janie

Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 9:33 AM - Response #1

We are building an option for this as a new membership level that will be launched soon.

Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 9:51 AM - Response #2

Excellent. I am going to put a donate button on the site and we plan to do a 50/50 drawing at our Friday and satyrday night reunion events to cover website expenses. Can you give me an idea of the additional cost and a timeframe?

Thanks!
Janie

Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 12:04 PM - Response #3

FYI the Platinum Membership should be available in November. It will come with email boxes on the system so you can send from yourself instead of noreply@classcreator.net, it comes with 5 times more File Vault storage capacity, and ideally for those who want it private FTP access into your File Vault files. We're still trying to work out FTP issues so it's unclear yet if that will be part of the package at launch yet or not.

Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 12:30 PM - Response #4

Sounds nice assuming not cost prohibitive. Would I be able to send a mass email to entire class and have it come from xyz@watterson1966.org? Or how would it work? Really don't want a lot just want it to be obvious it is from the class.

Thanks
Janie

Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 12:38 PM - Response #5

For the "power users" so to speak who want to upgrade, we're going to price the new membership level like this:

Monthly: $16
1 Year: $179
3 Year: $449
5 Year: $649
10 Year: $999

This is far more cost effective than the current File Vault space blocks people are adding to their subscriptions. In fact I think when this goes live we'll probably do away with the 50 meg additional space blocks entirely. This will be a much better way to go.

Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 12:53 PM - Response #6

I guess I am so new to this I dont know how much space we get, how much we are using or what constitutes space usage. Pictures? Messages? Do most people run over? We have a class size of ~250. We just went up and running and already have over 50 people who have created logins. Adding more pictures every day. Mainly looking for an email address with our name in it as opposed to class creator. Although I do like idea that people are forced to the site to respond rather than just replying to my email.

Thanks
Janie

Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 1:08 PM - Response #7

Any area of your system that uses File Vault (like Gallery Creator) lists your total vault usage. No, the vast majority of sites do not go over. Platinum Membership will only be for those who really need it. FYI photos uploaded by your Classmates into their own Profiles do not count against your File Vault space -- only things you add as the Admin.

Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 1:26 PM - Response #8

I was reading the questions and each answer carefully. You lost me after the tentative price quote. Also, I don't remember what kind of a member I am -- platinum, etc.. How do I find out?
I'm very, very new at this also. Just started the website to have a 50th reunion in 2013. Already have a 'donate' button on website but haven't addressed it's mechanism yet. I'm doing this inbetween Elk hunting for the moment. Please advise.
Barbara Ecker Confused

Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 1:31 PM - Response #9

If you click on your Subscription link you'll see you're a Premium Member. For the moment hold tight on the Platinum stuff, we'll announce all of this in full detail describing each specific feature and how it benefits you once we're ready to make the new membership level public. Until then we've just been making people who run out of space and ask Platinum Members in advance of it actually making the live system.

Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 6:01 PM - Response #10

Brad,
I will be renewing in Nov for 5 yrs...but don't want to upgrade to Platinum just yet. We have enough donations to cover renewing for 5 yrs. Can I then upgrade to Platinum any time during that subscription time??? and just pay the up charge????
Enquiring Minds need to know!!! Rolling EyesLaughing

Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 10:41 PM - Response #11

Yes, you can upgrade to Platinum at any time. I don't expect most people will upgrade at all. It will be a package really intended for power users who need a ton of space and transfer. The email FROM address that matches the domain name will be a nice benefit too and so will FTP access if we can work it out, but I think for most people the regular Premium Membership package will be all that's needed.

Friday, January 21, 2011 at 1:28 PM - Response #12

Lots of questions about how/when to take over the domain name from our old website. SPHSAA.org is straight HTML with about 12 POP3 emails & 20-30 forwarding emails. We want to close that site, use that domain name as our "branding," whether or not we change our current CC domain name -- SPHSAA-Classmates.org.

I suspect it would be easier just to have SPHSAA.org redirect/point to SPHSAA-Classmates.org than to change all our internal links, if that were even possible?

We could just continue with the SPHSAA.org host, have it redirect to our CC site and have them maintain our email accounts. Or we could move them over to yours &/or ClassNames.net when you get that part of the Platinum service implemented. We'd REALLY want to have our CC emails come from SPHSAA.org and not SPHSAA-Classmate.org, though.

I'm not clear how all that works, nor how much of it is possible. We want to do it (take over SPHSAA.org entirely) seamlessly so communications & access are not interruped. What steps do we take, and when? And since space is not an issue at the moment, is there a reason to upgrade yet?

Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 1:33 PM - Response #13

Hi Mary,

As we get closer to the launch of the platinum subscription option we'll outline the final details for all admins so they can start making decisions and planning if they choose to upgrade.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.