ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Profile Generator- A dead default tab?

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/04/09 04:04 PM Views: 1295 Replies: 1
Friday, September 4, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Okay, call me crazy, but I think default # 4 on the Profile Generator, the one labeled "Telephone:" is dead- it isn't linking to anything... Perhaps many others have already mentioned it, or perhaps no one has noticed yet, because people assume they need a telephone, when in fact, there is already a place included for the Telephone in the Classmate Details page. I have tried renaming this to other things, and it goes through the motions, allowing me the normal range of options, and I have tried moving it down the list to the bottom, etc. And because it is a default, there is no way to delete it... But I just don't think it links to anything, because even though mine is "Active", it does not provide anything once you move to edit one's profile. Because the link is not there, it simply does not show up as an option, no matter what it is labeled. So perhaps no one has noticed?

Saturday, September 5, 2009 at 1:02 AM - Response #1

At first I thought you were probably crazy. But, it turns out you are not. Smile

I know what happened here, and it's funny it took this long for it to surface. Initially the Contact Details Telephone number was separate from the Profile Telephone number. But, that really didn't make much sense to have redundant phone number fields. So we added the option to show or not show the Telepbhone number as a checkbox on the Profile edit page rather than a field to type in the number. When checked, we just pull the # from the Contact Details page. After doing that I don't think anyone ever thought to remove the default "Telephone" question from Profile Generator. So, there it sits, linked to nothing... It doesn't really harm anything, but you're absolutely right, that field is not necessary any longer and should be deleted. Thank you!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.