Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

e-mails

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/08/09 12:18 PM Views: 1312 Replies: 5
Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Hi Brad,

I had a couple of things to run by you.

First of all I know you don't need the added pressure but I was just woundering if you have a little bit of a time line on when we will be able to see the e-mails we send to people instead of just the ones we have recieved.

Also, when ever I get a reminder sent to my e-mail or a notice that someone has joined the site, I get several of them at a time. For instance I recieved a birthday notice on a classmate 4 times today and everytime someone joines the site I get one during the day they joined and another 1 or 2 at 3:30 in the a.m. Not a biggy I just delete them, but I was just woudering if it wasn't something I might be doing!

Thanks again for all you do!

Yvette
Payette PHS Class of "87"

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 2:26 PM - Response #1

Here is what I think is happening:

You get the one because you are the admin as soon as they join.

You get the others - at 2:30 a.m. because you have subscribed to every classmate in your system to be notified when profile changes are made. They only do that once per 24 hours so that you don't get notified EVERY time that they modify when they modify/check and then modify/check their profile.

How did I do, Brad?

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 6:43 PM - Response #2

I think he might be right. The new registration mails go out right away and the profile updates go out at night for any updates that happened that day. We do that because you'll find classmates uploading and then saving and then uploading a few more images that same day and then saving. So you receive one notice of an update that day rather than several notices throughout the day if you are subscribed to their profile.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 9:51 PM - Response #3

O.k. that makes sense! Thanks, both of you!

What about my first question or would you rather not answer! LOL Very Happy

Yvette
Payette Class of "87"

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 10:28 PM - Response #4

Sorry read Kyle's response after yours and forgot about the first question Smile

We're working on threaded email right now. It's coming.

Thursday, April 9, 2009 at 1:11 AM - Response #5

Great! Thank you for your time.

Yvette
PHS Class of "87"

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.