ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Making Pics Available for Classmates to Download

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/22/13 01:22 PM Views: 1966 Replies: 5
Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 1:22 PM

We just finished our 50th Reunion which was a huge success. You folks at CC have made me look good by giving me the ability to build and maintain a terrific Website!!

We would like to use the Photo Gallery to download our Reunion Photos. I know I have storage constraints and I'll work around that.

Is there a way after creating a Gallery of the Reunion Photos for Classmates when logged in, to easily copy ALL the photos and burn a CD on their own computers? I know Classmates can save images from our Website and they can download them for their personal use one by one. Is there a way rather than doing the downloads one by one to download the entire gallery to someone's computer?

Thanks for your help!!

Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 2:54 PM - Response #1

There is not a way to download / burn to CD from the system. In fact the images are auto resized down upon upload to be no wider than 1000px wide and therefore would not be of print quality. I would suggest other online photo share services for that purpose.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM - Response #2

Dave,

We had the same problem from our 50th Reunion and I uploaded all of the photos to my SmugMug Web Site. I put the link on the Home Page of ClassCreator and the classmates can download Quality Photos or put the photos on Cups, shirts, and other things for cheap price. Check out the SmugMug site and our Home Page:

www.digitalreflections65.smugmug.com
www.homestead-PA-1961.com
Good Luck and if you need any more advice feel free to contact me.
John Kozar

Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 4:09 PM - Response #3

You could have everyone send pictures to you on CD/DVD/USB drive, and burn them to a DVD.
As I recall, a DVD will hold just over 4.7 gig, and that calculates to 4,812 MB per gig, so, depending on the size of your pictures, you can do the math as to how many pictures you can get on a DVD!

Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 6:04 PM - Response #4

You are so nice Steve! I guess YOU might have the time to offer to do all that burning of DVD's for classmates, but I on the other hand do not have that kind of time available, although I did do similar work a decade ago. This last reunion (30th in 2011) I simply chose to pay $47.99 to Flickr for a 2-year Pro account, uploaded 411 photos that display on my site in 5 individual slideshows with numbers of the photos available. Anyone that wants high-resolution photos for printing have instructions on the page to simply send me the photo number and I will email them the high-res photos.

Jack, thanks for sharing the SmugMug site, I will have to check it out, as their "ABOUT US" is very intriguing!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 3:32 PM - Response #5

Has anyone ever heard of or used Snapable?? It is a free app that people put on their phones. First you set up an account, everyone adds the app to their phone. During the event everyone who uses this app for photos has the photo they take sent automatically to the account and of course saved on their phone. Then the owners of the account can download the photos to the designated site (after editing, of course). This saves time from running after people to load their photos to the site and from paying for digital or disposable cameras. My question, is it compatible with Class Creator? What are your thoughts - pro and con??

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.