ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Survey

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/17/09 04:39 PM Views: 1283 Replies: 3
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Are we supposed to be able to answer the survey online? I can't get mine to do that. Some classmates have tried to answer and emailed me. I've gone back in and can't figure it out. And -- the last question I added is on the survey, but also at the bottom of the page.
Someone please help.
Lara

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 5:29 PM - Response #1

You have three surveys, I took a look at the first two. The Birthdays Survey has no questions. The one right below that, you've added questions using your visual editor. That visual editor is there simply to supply straight content above your survey itself. You can't build your survey with that.

So, here's the deal: I want you to click on your Survey Maker link, and then carefully read all of the directions on the page. And when you've finished, I want you to go back up to the top and read them again. I'm asking you to do this because the Survey Maker is probably the hardest element in the Class Creator system to wrap your brain around. It just takes a little getting used to. The good news is, once you've "got it", the Survey Maker is incredibly powerful and lots of fun.

One tip for you: After everything you do when building a survey, click on the Update button. When you do that, the next thing you need to do will become clear. It's all dynamic and builds right in front of you as you make decisions and continually click your Update button. Once you've done one or two of these the next thing you know it will all seem easy. Sometimes you just need to play around with these things for a little while.

Edited 02/17/09 5:34 PM
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 9:30 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Brad,
I'll try again. I have gone in several times and it just hasn't clicked. I printed it out - so while I go line by line, I'll work on it.
Lara

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 10:39 PM - Response #3

If you need a hand, call Rhonda at 734-972-9313 during business hours and she'll walk ya through it. Once you get one done, that "oh, I see!" effect will happen. And after that, you'll be a survey makin' fool. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.