ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Problem with "Edit In Memory Details"

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/07/16 11:55 AM Views: 856 Replies: 9
Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 11:55 AM

I am trying to add information in the "Comments" section of a classmate's "In Memory" page, but when I try to type in the Comments box, nothing shows up. Can you help?

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 11:57 AM - Response #1

Please be more specific. Which classmate. You can identify with last name only or with initials if that is unique enough.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 1:24 PM - Response #2

The classmate is Brad Wells.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 2:43 PM - Response #3

Linda, You are using Edit Site Pages to edit the In Memory page, and then clicking on "Edit" for Brad's entry, right?

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 2:52 PM - Response #4

Yes, that is what I did.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 5:15 PM - Response #5

Edit Site Pages > Edit Page for In Memory > Scroll down to the bottom of the page and locate Brad Wells and click Edit to the left of his name. That will take you to the In Memory Profile and the Editor Window for adding your content.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 5:51 PM - Response #6

Your instructions don't seem to work for Brad Wells. They do work for other people on the list -- that is, I can easily add information to the comment boxes on the Memory Profiles of other people on the list, but just not him.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 6:02 PM - Response #7

Are you copy/ pasting info from another website? If so, I have seen some that will not display unless you follow these steps: Copy the info from the source website. Open a simple text document such as Notepad and start a new file. Paste the content into the Notepad doc. Doing this will remove all background formatting. Now, copy the content again from the Notepad document and paste it into the Editor Window and Save. Let me know if this works.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 8:13 PM - Response #8

Yes, I am trying to paste from an obituary. But even when I gave up on pasting and tried to retype the information in myself, I still couldn't get a cursor.

I tried what you just told me to do (6:01 p.m. Response #7) and still no luck.

Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 11:10 AM - Response #9

Are you able to edit other pages of your site? Could you send it to me in an email and I will see if I can add it for you? customersupport@classcreator.com

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.