ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Sorting Announcements

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 02/04/13 03:58 PM Views: 1026 Replies: 9
Monday, February 4, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I control most of my home page contents via announcements. Consequently I may have many more than average. Sequencing can be maintained but becomes rather laborious. As a suggestion I'd like to see the same capability for ordering as we now have for the page links ie drag and drop.

A related but separate issue concerns the table I have in the Home Page Hits announcement. I centered it as I always have in the past. It appears centered in the editor but not when I preview it via the View button where it shows up to the left. I get the same result in IE8, Chrome and Firefox using Windows XP and IE10 desktop using Windows8

Edited 02/04/13 3:59 PM
Monday, February 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM - Response #1

Never mind re the table. When it is live it looks ok even though still off to the left in the View mode.

Edited 02/04/13 4:21 PM
Friday, February 8, 2013 at 12:18 PM - Response #2

I agree that a better sorting scheme for announcements would be a big help. I too keep a pretty large number of announcements, a lot of them to add seasonal content like Christmas music, holiday graphics, etc. Moving them around in the current scheme gets pretty tiresome and a drag and drop method would be a huge improvement.

Friday, February 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM - Response #3

We'll pass this along for consideration.

Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 11:23 PM - Response #4

I agree that it is laborious to sort announcements. I also use them on our home page and find it tedious to re-sequence them or add new ones in between existing announcements. I would LOVE it if the system could be set up so that the order of the announcements could be changed like the new system for reordering page links: drag and drop. Hope this can be added to a list for the near future. SmileSmile

Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 1:13 AM - Response #5

Eric B Bassey wrote:

We'll pass this along for consideration.

Found the note on this and slid it under the big boss' door.

(Stretching. Yawning.)

Oops, fell asleep on the keyboard again.

Wait! That was a dream? No way! Confused

Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 1:25 AM - Response #6

Everything in the system that has a sort order will ultimately need to change to be consistent with the new Edit Site Pages feature.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 12:58 AM - Response #7

The sorting of announcements is now similar to the Edit site Pages screen.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 1:23 AM - Response #8

Thanks CC!

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 3:52 AM - Response #9

YAY!!! It is great to be on Class Creator in the wee hours today! Very Happy

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.