ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Sharing teachers with another class

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/16/13 11:19 AM Views: 948 Replies: 3
Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 11:19 AM

When we built our website, we added the teachers as guest members. One of my classmates spent a LOT of time filling in Obits and other info.
The class of '73 administrator was wondering if he could get that data and transfer it to his ClassCreator website, since the teachers were all the same.
Can we?

Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM - Response #1

There is no way to link the information between websites. The only way is to copy/paste

Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 7:27 PM - Response #2

A way to do what you want is to have the class of '73 enter all the names on its site and use them as hyperlinks to the info on your site. In order for this to work you'd have to have the info on your site open to the public, which I notice already is.

I do this type of thing with my profile. We have four contiguous classes ('57, '58, '59 and'60) from Springfield on CC. Rather than have a complete profile on site I enter minimal info and then have a link to my profile on the '58 site

Edited 03/17/13 12:34 AM
Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 10:48 PM - Response #3

That is a work-around, FC... but not for me. I have every profile totally locked down on my sites. There has to be a better, easier way.

We had a discussion that this may touch on about two years ago. I trust it one of the items on the wish list.

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.