ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Second Embedded Player Issue

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/12/09 08:52 PM Views: 1465 Replies: 6
Saturday, December 12, 2009 at 8:52 PM

I embedded a Player with one song,in the In Memory page. It is sized so that it cannot be seen, and the music begins as soon as the page is opened. I was hoping that it would continue to play even while the person clicked on the name of a deceased person to view their eulogy, but instead it stops playing. Got any ideas how to remedy this situation?

Saturday, December 12, 2009 at 9:00 PM - Response #1

There really isn't any good way to do it at the moment. The nature of the web is to connect and disconnect from pages. That's why most people include the "Pop Out Player" button in the Playlist Player so users can pop the player into a second window and listen the music while browsing the rest of the site. But if you've hidden the entire player then nobody can any option to pop out the player, thus your music is going to turn off when the next link is clicked. We do have some upcoming In Memory enhancements and one of the new options will be to auto spawn a new window that embeds a Playlist player.

Sunday, December 13, 2009 at 12:18 AM - Response #2

This may be more work than you want to do, but I put the player on each person's page. Once you have the code, it's pretty easy to cut and paste it in as you enter the obits. I took it one step further, and made 3 different players. Former choir members get appropriate choir songs, those with religious affiliations get a religious songs, and all others get a more secular group of songs. I decided not to put music on the main "In Memory" page at all.

I have offered to place song requests for anyone who knows the deceased well enough to know what they might have wanted...

I think this works well if you list the full obit for the people you have listed. If you only have a sentence or two, the player might not get started before they click off the page.

I took the password protection off our In Memory section so you can visit if you would like. I'll leave it off until Monday or so.

Sunday, December 13, 2009 at 2:03 AM - Response #3

Ruth you are a sweetheart for trying to please everyone, but you are right, it's too much work for this old hoss. Maybe someone else in one of the two classes will step up to the plate and give it a shot. I have decided to go ahead and try and get at least the Pop Out button back, and let it go at that. However, I thank you for the info, sounds like a winning combination. Edd

Monday, December 14, 2009 at 2:52 PM - Response #4

Brad, would it be possible to have the links for individuals on the "In Memory" page open as pop-up windows, leaving the list untouched and the music playing?

Edited 12/14/09 2:53 PM
Monday, December 14, 2009 at 7:15 PM - Response #5

I have embedded a Playlist in the In Memory section, changed the code to reduce it until it disappears and even been able to change the code, first to delete all buttons, and later to just having the Pop Out button only. The song will play, but I have not been able to get the one Pop Out button to Pop Out the Player, so the music stops when the classmate clicks on a deceaseds' profile page.

In an earlier forum response that I can't find, there was some info about inserting a link on the "In Memory" page that would open classmates' Media Player, which could then be minimized, and the one song would play while the classmate perused the eulogies or go wherever they wished on the site. Got any idea how to create on the In Memory page, a link to one song that would be played by the Media Player? Or is there a plan B?remains;

Monday, December 14, 2009 at 7:22 PM - Response #6

Great idea. Will take time, but will work the way I think I want it to. Do you go to the In Memory page, and click on each individuals' name and then enter the Player in the "invisible (everything reduced to the size of 1, and the code for the buttons removed) format"? That is what works for my In Memory page, but of course it cuts off when I leave the page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.