ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Yearbook photos not displaying

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/28/12 07:51 PM Views: 1246 Replies: 14
Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I have uploaded many yearbook photos; however only the memorial page photos are displaying. Is there something else I need to do?

Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 8:00 PM - Response #1

Click on the Classmate Profiles page, then click the check-box that says "Show Yearbook Photo". If you need to, click on the 1967 link first, then the "Show Yearbook Photo" checkbox

Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 8:19 PM - Response #2

Thanks. I knew it must be something really easy! Can you tell me why the first few rows of 1970 are duplicating the names?

Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 8:39 PM - Response #3

It seems I have uploaded a lot of TIFF file photos which are not displaying. All the duplicate names in 1970 are these files.Sad

Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM - Response #4

I am not seeing duplicate names. Did you take care of the problem? Maybe it is a browser cache problem. Try refreshing your browser while on the screen with the problems (press the browser's VIEW menu, then REFRESH or RELOAD)

Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 10:23 PM - Response #5

I fixed it. It appeared to be related to Tiff files that I had uploaded. When I used another program to change them to JPEG, all was OK. Thanks for your help!

Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 12:11 PM - Response #6

I am uploading individual photos in .tif format and they are not displaying. I uploaded my own so I could see what it looks like but its a red x in a box. I know I saw someone mention this before but now I can't find it. Please let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 1:52 PM - Response #7

The solution seems to be to rename the files before uploading so that they end with the three-letter version of the file extension. For example, if the file is image.tiff, rename it to image.tif. If it is image.jpeg, rename it to image.jpg.

Friday, February 3, 2012 at 3:40 PM - Response #8

Thank you for that info. I just tried it and nothing changed. Any other ideas?

Saturday, February 4, 2012 at 9:21 AM - Response #9

Alison,

I think you need to convert the photos to jpg format. It doesn't seem that we support ".tiff" format.

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 11:44 AM - Response #10

that was the ticket! thank you. can I ask you another question? is there a way to scroll thru the profiles instead of clicking on each one and then going back to the list and clicking on the next one? if not that would be a great feature add. thanks again. I love class creator!!

Monday, February 6, 2012 at 10:27 AM - Response #11

Currently, no. You need to return to the class list. However, I like this suggestion and I will forward it for consideration for future updates. Thanks!

Monday, February 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM - Response #12

thanks. Can I ask another question? we are having our reunion at a hotel that has changed ownership recently. When I tried to use the map feature it listed the hotel as Fairfield Inn but its now called Doubletree so I didn't use it so as not to create confusion. When I do a search online by address it does come up as Doubletree so I am wondering if what class creator has setup on their end is out of date and can be refreshed somehow? thanks.

Monday, February 6, 2012 at 12:49 PM - Response #13

The maps feature just pulls information from Google Maps. If it is incorrect, then it is incorrect at Google, not in our system.

Monday, February 6, 2012 at 7:18 PM - Response #14

ok thank you for the confirmation

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.