ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Page Link going to another site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/16/09 04:13 PM Views: 1612 Replies: 4
Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM

I have 6 diffent school sites that that fall under one alumni association. I have donations listed on each page under "Alumni Donations" link. Is there a way for ALL pages to link to one central page instead of me having to copy/paste the same information too all 6 sites when someone makes a donation?

Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 4:44 PM - Response #1

One idea you could do is to create a graphic image of all of the donor names. Then from the View Source of each page, insert an HTML IMG tag that references the graphic. This way each different page will all be displaying the same graphic.

The downside is that every time you need to add a donor, you need to update the graphic (probably want to save it with the same name so you wouldn't have to update each of the custom pages that reference the graphic)

Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 6:58 PM - Response #2

You could put in an iframe, pull in one of your Customizable Link pages into the iFrame, and deactive the Customizable Link so it doesn't appear on your left navigation. Then you could just update that one Customizable Link page with your donor info and it would pull into all of your sites utilizing the iframe.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 7:26 PM - Response #3

I tried to figure out how to do this and couldn't. Do you have a quick tip?

The link I want to be directed to is
http://www.lchstn.com/class_custom7.cfm

Thursday, July 16, 2009 at 11:07 PM - Response #4

Ok, the content itself is here:

http://www.lchstnalumni.com/class_custom7.cfm

So now on any other sites you'd need to create an iframe that pulls this whole page above. Try putting in the iframe code on another site that pulls in this page, and if it doesn't work tell me the site and the exact page you're putting the iframe on and I'll go take a look.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.