New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Home Page Problem

) or even a paragraph (

) or divided section (

)

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/04/09 09:16 AM Views: 1469 Replies: 8
Friday, September 4, 2009 at 9:16 AM

OK. I give up. Confused Hope someone can help. I revised my HomePage. Added some content and changed some other, and still kept some. All the way at the bottom of my page, I have a Playlist included. I wanted (and previosuly had) it centered on the page. No matter what I do, I cannot move it from the left side now. What am I doing wrong?

Can anyone review my code to see where I am messing up?

Friday, September 4, 2009 at 10:17 AM - Response #1

I fixed it for you.

I added

....playlist embed code....
codes in the SOURCE view.

Friday, September 4, 2009 at 10:34 AM - Response #2

Thanks so much. I thought I had done that! I also tried to center it in the non-source view but then when I looked at the source, it had "center" written several times but it still wasn't. Oh well.....it's good n ow. Thanks again.Wink

Sunday, September 6, 2009 at 7:39 AM - Response #3

Hey, Kyle - aka Mr.Fixit. Thanks again for your help.

I have another homepage question. My entire center section (content area) is wide. I'd like it to line up with the top logo bar. I'm sure it is in one of my settings - in fact probably in one of my tables. I am new to tables and may have someting in there causing this. Can you tell me where it is and what to do to bring it back a little?

Thanks, again.

Sunday, September 6, 2009 at 8:40 AM - Response #4

SITE ADMINISTRATOR wrote:

Hey, Kyle - aka Mr.Fixit. Thanks again for your help.

I have another homepage question. My entire center section (content area) is wide. I'd like it to line up with the top logo bar. I'm sure it is in one of my settings - in fact probably in one of my tables. I am new to tables and may have someting in there causing this. Can you tell me where it is and what to do to bring it back a little?

Thanks, again.

Hi Barbara,

It looks like you are using "____" underlines when you should be using the Horrizontal Line feature. When you just type in a bunch of ____ with no space between, then the browser doesn't know where to wrap and so it doesn't wrap. (same problem as HARD SPACES - pressing the space bar too many times)

For tables, if you find a table that is too wide, just click on the borders and some adjustment squares will appear. Just drag the right side and move it towards the left side to make the table smaller. (I think the table with two graphics might also be a problem, but that problem might go away when the _____ problem goes away.

Since you sounded like you wanted to try and fix it yourself, I didn't fix anything. Let me know if you are still having problems and I will look at it again.

Kyle

Sunday, September 6, 2009 at 9:08 AM - Response #5

That was it! I replaced them with the Horizontal Line and that did it!

I did want to fix it myself, Thanks ....figured that's the only way I'll learn!Rolling Eyes

Another quick question on tables. I know how to add the border from Edit Table. Is there a way to only add a border to particular cells and not the entire table?

Thanks again for your insight and quick response.

Sunday, September 6, 2009 at 9:43 AM - Response #6

SITE ADMINISTRATOR wrote:

That was it! I replaced them with the Horizontal Line and that did it!

I did want to fix it myself, Thanks ....figured that's the only way I'll learn!Rolling Eyes

Another quick question on tables. I know how to add the border from Edit Table. Is there a way to only add a border to particular cells and not the entire table?

Thanks again for your insight and quick response.

Just click the SOURCE button so you can modify the HTML codes. Then move to the cell where you want the border and change the

to

This will make a five pixel wide border on each side that is yellow. Change the color, change the individual widths, change the pattern (solid, dashed, etc.)

You can also do background images and background colors for individual table cells if you wanted to.

Sunday, September 6, 2009 at 12:17 PM - Response #7

You are the MAN, Kyle! Thanks, again. I love to learn new things...

Sunday, September 6, 2009 at 8:06 PM - Response #8

The same style can go on a row element (

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.