ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Prior Contact Us Messages

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/20/24 07:42 AM Views: 131 Replies: 4
Saturday, January 20, 2024 at 7:42 AM

Due to the aging process we are all subject to (I am NeHi Class of 1965), we easily forget or lose track of contact form emails. Some of which could be very important.

Suggest, as a new Class Creator website function, that those contact form messages be stored on the respective websites, for access by Admins at a later time, if needed.

This would definitely be an asset to us "silver foxes" struggling with blank spots in our memories.
Frank Laughing

Saturday, January 20, 2024 at 3:55 PM - Response #1

When I, as our site's administrator, receive a message sent via Contact Us, it comes to my private email. I think that email address is something I inserted under Admin Functions > Preferences (maybe someone knows which box controls that).

My point is all your Contact Messages are saved to the private email you direct them to come to, so you do have the ability to store/archive them. They also go to my co-admin's private email, who may also store/archive them if she wishes to.

Edited 01/20/24 3:56 PM
Sunday, January 21, 2024 at 10:59 AM - Response #2

Scott Moore wrote:

My point is all your Contact Messages are saved to the private email you direct them to come to, so you do have the ability to store/archive them.

Thanks for your input, Scott. Maybe you missed my point: as we age, we lose track of things, including emails, private or otherwise. Having the submitted contact forms in one central location on the class website would preclude forgetting where the "private" email is or whether it was even received by any Admin. There would be a running list--on the class website--of all submitted contacts for any Admin to access at any time in the future.

Attention: Brad Switzer

Edited 01/21/24 11:01 AM
Sunday, January 21, 2024 at 5:45 PM - Response #3

Frank, your point is well taken. In the meantime, until Class Creator chooses to archive the Contact Us emails for us, I believe the only way for administrators to see past Contact Us emails is to search your private email address to which they came. Let's see if Class Creator is able to fulfill your wish!

Sunday, January 21, 2024 at 6:15 PM - Response #4

Agree it's a good concept, but realistically won't be done.

You could create/designate a hidden page where you copy/paste those emails. Don't know how many you get (we get maybe three a year), but one hidden page per year maybe is enough.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.