ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Link to Specific page from Email Class Problem

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/11/11 04:48 PM Views: 1636 Replies: 13
Friday, March 11, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Hi Brad,
I have an Email to Class which gives a specific Link to a password protected page on my website.

I sent myself a draft to check if it worked.

What happens if that it goes to a login page, but after entering Email and password, I'm taken to the Home Page not the one I want to.

I am forwarding to you directly the draft Email to class so you can check it for yourself. (The problem persists on my wife's computer)

Michael

Friday, March 11, 2011 at 4:51 PM - Response #1

Michael,

Change all of the hrefs from this
href="/000/0/5/8/17850/userfiles/file/........."

To this:
href="http://www.bowenbeat.net/000/0/5/8/17850/userfiles/file/........."

That should fix the problem.

NOTE: In order to change them, you will need to press the SOURCE button to view the HTML source code.

Friday, March 11, 2011 at 5:41 PM - Response #2

I'm a bit confused on this post since you put in a "file" link, which is not the same as a link to a password protected page as initially described.

Files work whether one is logged in or not.

However, links to a PW protected page do not if one is not logged in.

IOW, if one is not logged in and a link goes to a PW protected page, it will ask for the Log In and then you go to the home page - not the page desired.

Not complaining, just clarifyingWink

Friday, March 11, 2011 at 7:41 PM - Response #3

Thank you Kyle.

Your advice did fix the one problem I had not even dared ask about, wanting to get the other one attended to first!

The other problem remains - Brad sent me a direct Email saying that he did not have a problem going direct to the desired site.
But Jack Vermeulen above, says not going direct to the desired page after logging in is just a fact of life, if I understand him correctly.
I really would like to get this resolved but guess it's too late for today.

Friday, March 11, 2011 at 8:54 PM - Response #4

I think Brad (and other CC admins) may always "logged in", so they will not notice this behaviorQuestion

Perhaps you could tell classmates they need to log in first and then click the link. A bit awkward, but it works.

Edited 03/11/11 8:56 PM
Friday, March 11, 2011 at 8:58 PM - Response #5

Thanks, Jack.
Yes that is possible.
I have now dealt with the issue by telling recipients of the Email blast to click the Link twice to go to the desired page - once before logging in and then again after that.
Michael

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 5:48 PM - Response #6

The link redirect problem is fixed.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 9:54 AM - Response #7

Change of help here Brad. Can you please send me again info on how to embed on the home page. I do have a gallery embedded there but wanted to change it, apparently I am doing something wrong, I got lost after i click embed on the gallery, am suppose to type paste ehre on the home page....

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 12:08 PM - Response #8

It looks like you figured out the embed of the gallery. I also see an object tag on your site. That needs to be placed in the source. Please take a look at the video for adding a YouTube video on this page: http://www.classcreator.com/videos.cfm The process is the same for adding any 3rd party object to the site.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 9:23 AM - Response #9

Thanks very much for your reply. I looked at the video and followed the directions. However I just want the song to play once you go on the home page. It is giving me a video of the atrist performing the song. Any suggestions?

Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 10:06 AM - Response #10

I suppose it depends on your source. If you are using playlist.com, this is usually not an issue. I think you removed the player as I do not see it right now. If you have an MP3 of the song, you can use our MP3 widget to embed the song.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 4:10 PM - Response #11

I am having the worst time making progress here. I switched to playlist, got it embed on the home page but it was this big black player.

Second issue, I got the eulogy to a former principal and has the hardest time adding it to her page, I keep getting two messages (Oppa!!! an error has occur) second message, the fule is not in the correct format. I scanned the document and it is saved in pdf. any suggestions?Crying or Very sad

Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 4:18 PM - Response #12

Ok. so I was looking thru older posts to see if I am the only one having a arad time with the music. I looked at Michael's and he as a player, did I get it right and not even know it. I am having such a great wonderful day.......

Friday, March 18, 2011 at 10:02 AM - Response #13

Charlyn - I'm not seeing hte player on the home page. Let me know if you are still trying and I'll see what else I can do to help.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.