ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Need to make page for P/W protected for Reunion Staff Members Only

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/26/14 01:21 PM Views: 961 Replies: 6
Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Hello,

How can I make a page password protected, so only the Reunion Staff Members can see the page?

http://www.classcreator.com/RheinMainAirBaseVeterans/Reunion-Staff-Notes.htm

Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 5:13 PM - Response #1

I know of no way to password protect a page for some subset of your members. However, what you might consider is creating a page, not making it active and sending a link to it to your Reunion Staff Members. They would be able to access it via the provided link but no one else would even know it existed.

Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 5:14 PM - Response #2

You already did. Send the link to the admins/reunion staff members that you want to see the link. The link will not appear on the website anywhere, so only those who have the link can access it.

Reunion staff members can share the link with anyone and they can also access it unless you password protect the page. If you password protect the page, only those who sign in to the website will be able to see it.

To password protect the page, go to Edit Site Pages, EDIT LINK for the page, then check the "Restrict to Members only" box.

Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 5:28 PM - Response #3

Stanley,

To you and your members, heartfelt thanks for your service.

If you wish for your committee to communicate privately on your site, use the Admin Forums under Admin Functions. You can give each committee member Admin access to just that and the forum threads can individually be password protected. Check it out.

It is great to have you join us on Class Creator. Come back with any questions... any time!

EDIT: Had to reword the above!

Edited 07/26/14 5:32 PM
Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 9:32 PM - Response #4

Great idea FC - because it is the same one I gave him!!! It looks like you are a faster typist than I am. One minute before I posted my reply.

Sunday, July 27, 2014 at 11:28 AM - Response #5

Great minds Kyle. Obviously we came to the same conclusion both simultaneously and independently.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 10:41 PM - Response #6

Stanley, they guys are right IF you want a page to show your committee. IF you would like to show them the page and have a place to discuss it, the Admin Forums would work for the discussion. Could use both together.
Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.