ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Trouble centering on home page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/29/10 01:47 PM Views: 1419 Replies: 5
Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Hi Brad,
I've been doing so well adding neat things to my homepage. I have left.centre/and right justified this but for some reason it is off centre and more to the right. Can you let me know what the problem is. Does it have anything to do with cut and paste?

Thank you.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 2:29 PM - Response #1

Did you format this in Microsoft Word? If yes, did you use the Paste from Word icon when you pasted the content?

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 2:44 PM - Response #2

LOL. I don't remember. Did you align this for me? If so, thank you and I have printed out the info re" sizing etc.

I appreciate you help and thank you.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 3:21 PM - Response #3

I found the issue after replying back to you earlier. In the Editor, you can right click on images and set border to 0, v and h space to 0... I did this to all of the images and it fixed the issue. I also removed a & n b s p (run that together) ... code for a hard space that was directluy next to some image code. I can't say for sure which one thing fixed your page because I did so many little tweaks.

Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 11:49 PM - Response #4

I've finally gotten the images placed correctly on the Home Page, but on the Edit page, they are positioned in a totally bizarre location. Makes it hard to edit when the final result on Home Page will be radically different. What am I doing?
Also, I've tried for an hour & a dozen re-do's, but I can't get the word "Next" to be with the other text on a line under a table/scrolling text. The scrolling text (about 1/2-way down Home Page) says "Etex Ladies Luncheon." I want the text underneath, but the 1st word "Next" insists on appearing to the right of the table (but not on the Edit page!). Whassup? I've tried recoding, everything I know -- which isn't much. Help!

Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 12:13 AM - Response #5

Dale,

The NEXT was wrapping because the TABLE had an alignment of LEFT. If you set the TEXT ALIGNMENT of a table, it means that the table is LEFT and that text wraps on the RIGHT. I changed the table so it has NO alignment.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.