ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Whole page!!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/02/08 02:42 PM Views: 1354 Replies: 4
Saturday, August 2, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Why all of sudden is the site taking up the whole page? I tested it on someone and worked regular size for a while and suddenly went full page (for me too) and she has to use a slider bar to view it all, most likely because of a smaller screen??? Can you tell me why this happened and how to fix it???? Thank you....Bonita

Saturday, August 2, 2008 at 3:22 PM - Response #1

I'm sorry, I meant whole screen.

Saturday, August 2, 2008 at 5:22 PM - Response #2

I fixed the problem for you.

The problem was you put in a gazillion hard spaces in a row. I.E. you held down the space bar and put in space after space. What that does is gives the system nowhere to wrap. It's kind of like typing in supercalifragilisticexpealadocous two or three times in a row without a single space. If your web site has no wrap point it just forces out your page wider and wider. There's no way you could have known this of course. You've got to be really careful adding tons of hard spacer in a row, or super duper long web links that can't wrap -- they can have the unexpected side effect of "blowing out" your whole design. It's one of the many possible pitfalls of having access to your code as you do.

When I get back to updating our help videos I'm going to make one called "How to totally break your web site" and show people all the things they can do (but shouldn't) to really mess things up. Smile

Saturday, August 2, 2008 at 7:22 PM - Response #3

Thank you, Brad. I feel bad now. Sad and I was feeling so smug too. I appreciate the help immensely.

Sunday, August 3, 2008 at 7:51 PM - Response #4

Brad Switzer wrote:

It's kind of like typing in supercalifragilisticexpealadocous ... Smile

I've actually never seen that word in print. Is that how you spell it?!? Razz

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.