ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Missing Email for Registered Classmate

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/23/09 10:31 PM Views: 1787 Replies: 7
Friday, October 23, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Yikes - I think I messed up on one of my classmate's profiles. I uploaded a long list of classmates for whom we have "no email addresses" from a spreadsheet (in cvs format). Unfortunately, one classmate who was already registered on our site may have been on that list and I believe the upload deleted his email address in his profile (I can't see it under Manage Classmates anymore). He has a profile still out there but also is on the Missing Classmates page! And I just tried sending him a message and it actually seemed to send. We'll see if I get a response!

Is there a way I can recover his email into the listing of classmates under Manage Classmates? The classmate is Jeff Field.

Or -- could he have deleted his own primary email address to cause this? (I really do think it was my fault, though Embarassed ).

CAN classmates delete their primary emails which would throw them into the Missing Classmate category even though they have info on the site?

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 10:36 PM - Response #1

Well, I just figured out that I could copy his email from his last log in record. Now I really don't know for sure if it's me or he....

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 10:45 PM - Response #2

Once a Classmate exists in the system you can no longer batch upload a new record for that Classmate. The only way to do it would be to delete the entire account first, and then batch upload the new record. So you couldn't possibly have done it. If you, another co-Admin, or the Classmate himself manged to remove the email address entirely then yes, that Classmate would show up on the Missing Classmate list. You'll have to find the Classmate's email address and add it again.

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 11:18 PM - Response #3

OK I think I just figured it out - that spreadsheet I uploaded had him listed as first name Jeffery but he was already listed as Jeff in the Profile, So, it was me and that spreadsheet upload created a second account for him! I will delete the "Jeffery" account. Rolling Eyes Thanks for your quick response, Brad.

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 11:21 PM - Response #4

But that wouldn't account for the missing email ID in the Jeff account, would it?

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 11:23 PM - Response #5

No, it wouldn't. I wouldn't know who or why somebody may have tampered with the email, but the bottom line is you'll need to re-enter it.

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 11:30 PM - Response #6

I re-entered it. I hope he accidentally deleted it and didn't do it on purpose thinking it would block emails coming to him (although I doubt it, who knows -- maybe just a coincidence???). That leads me to wonder....if a classmate doesn't want getting emails from another classmate, can he block one or several from emailing him or is it all or nothing?

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 11:59 PM - Response #7

No, you cannot selectively block specific Classmates.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.