ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Gallery of documents

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/17/13 12:58 PM Views: 1033 Replies: 12
Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I want to post some stories that classmates have written. I don't want them on the home page and don't want to create a link for each one. What I need is some kind of gallery for docs or pdfs. I'm new here and can't figure it out

Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 1:17 PM - Response #1

If they are relatively short you could convert them to jpeg format and upload to a photo gallery.

Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 1:25 PM - Response #2

Unfortunately, they're long. Some are magazine articles. I was just reading about subfolders and I'll give that a try. I'll post the results of the attempt.

Thanks a lot for your response

Joe

Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 1:37 PM - Response #3

Joe - you could create one page titled "Classmate Stories." Upload each story as a pdf and then on the Classmate Stories page you could type the link to each one. You said you don't want separate links for each so this may not be what you have in mind but all the stories and links would be accessible from just one page.

Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 2:01 PM - Response #4

You can use the "Forum" option, I think. I just changed the name of mine to Classmate's Blog.

Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 4:40 PM - Response #5

"CaroleChris",
You may have something there. Renaming the FORUM to CLASSMATE'S BLOG might be a draw. You 'just' changed the name so will you give us some updates as to if it works to get classmates involved? I think it is a good move on your part.
Smile

Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM - Response #6

I just changed the name from forums to "blog" by editing the link. This real knew, & I'm curious to see if it draws, esp. Since we are 73!

Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM - Response #7

I just changed the name from forums to "blog" by editing the link. This real knew, & I'm curious to see if it draws, esp. Since we are 73!

Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM - Response #8

Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 6:21 PM - Response #9

I like "blog" but there is obviously a good number who have no idea what that means. Think we need to do something different here. Look for it in a new thread.

Carole Christopher wrote:

Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM - Response #10

This idea may not fit in with what you are planning, but here it is:
Why not create one page to be used for all the stories. Rather than publish them all at once, publish each one separately once a week to that page. You could even rotate the stories if there aren't that many. This would accomplish the publishing of the stories, but would also give your class another reason to visit the website each week to see what the new story is.
I would then suggest you put a date on the link, and your classmates would see that link as updated by your changing the date and the "notify" on the page itself.
You could then also "email the class" about what you are doing. This hopefully would continue to generate interest and you could encourage your classmates to continue writing stories for future publishing.[/quote]

Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 5:20 PM - Response #11

Time. Time. Time. I wish I had time!

Tim, you gave me an idea I can't wait to get to... in a few weeks or longer. Hope I remember!

Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 5:27 PM - Response #12

Remember what? Smile

Edited 08/18/13 5:28 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.