ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

HELP!! AGAIN

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/29/08 12:32 PM Views: 2300 Replies: 8
Monday, December 29, 2008 at 12:32 PM

I was just about ready to email the class when I went in to the edit home page section to "tweak" some of the spacing. Now it looks like everything has disappeared. Please don't tell me I have to start over completely.

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 1:21 PM - Response #1

Try pasting this into your home page: (I got it when I did "view source code" from my browser - one of your HTML tags was not opened properly

Edited 12/29/08 2:13 PM
Monday, December 29, 2008 at 1:39 PM - Response #2

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Whew! I can't thank you enough, I thought I was going to have to start over. I know nothing about HTML. That's the good thing about these forums, somebody out there does know & they're willing to help you.
Thanks again.

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 1:46 PM - Response #3

No problem Razz

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 2:03 PM - Response #4

For future reference....Let's say I've messed up my home page again.
If I have saved my source codes, when I have my page like I want it, in a word doc, would it work if I copy & paste them
back into the source box? If it will, I think I'll make a practice of saving all of my pages before I make changes, as a sort of backup.

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 2:14 PM - Response #5

side note, I edited the response above with all the HTML code in it and wrapped the code in CODE tags so this thread down't "blow out" the forums =)

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 2:26 PM - Response #6

Don't back-up in MS Word! - use text pad or word pad so no extra changes will happen.

ps. thanks Rick for adding the code tags!

Edited 12/29/08 2:26 PM
Monday, December 29, 2008 at 2:53 PM - Response #7

Will do.

Thanks for your help.

Monday, December 29, 2008 at 4:58 PM - Response #8

Everything Beth said is dead on. Later this year we'll be adding a Page History feature to the editable pages, allowing you to revert back in time to the last few saves. It's way down the list though, so forget I said it for now. For the time being saving a backup of your source code in Notepad is an excellent idea.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.