ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

(Public) Profile Visibility Changed?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/02/20 01:44 AM Views: 340 Replies: 4
Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 1:44 AM

Was this a new change?

I advise checking "Profile Visibility" on your & your classmate's entries. If you normally hide from the public & only allow registered users (logged on) to view profiles as we do, you might find your Admin's profile visible (and possibly others) to non-logged on visitors.

There's a change so that there are 4 button choices now instead of just

1) Block Profile Visibility (our default)

These are the options presented now(?):
1) Allow only Classmates from ... to view my profile
2) Allow all Classmates from ... to view my profile
3) Allow all members of Class Connection to view my profile.
4) Allow my Facebook friends to view my profile.

I noticed my & a 2nd classmate had #2 as well so that anyone who was not logged on could view those 2 profiles. So I changed #1 to #2 and the 2 profiles were no longer visible if you were not logged on.

Edited 06/02/20 1:45 AM
Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 3:01 PM - Response #1

Allen, apparently, you're seeing something different than I see. Under Member Functions, when I click on Edit Profile, there is only one check box for Profile Visibility, which allows me to block or unblock profile visibility. The wording says, "Block Profile Visibility: Block the public and search engines from accessing my Profile and allow only fellow Classmates to view my Profile details. Leave this box unchecked if you also wish to allow the public (friends, co-workers, family members, etc.) to view your Profile details."

I see nothing about the four options to which you refer.

Edited 06/02/20 3:01 PM
Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 4:40 PM - Response #2

Scott Moore wrote:

It may be because Allen's site is a multi-year.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 10:27 PM - Response #3

The strange thing is, the 4 options only appear in my profile, and at least one other classmate's. I've checked about a dozen profiles at random as well, and they only have the single option.

Scott Moore wrote:

Allen, apparently, you're seeing something different than I see. Under Member Functions, when I click on Edit Profile, there is only one check box for Profile Visibility, which allows me to block or unblock profile visibility. The wording says, "Block Profile Visibility: Block the public and search engines from accessing my Profile and allow only fellow Classmates to view my Profile details. Leave this box unchecked if you also wish to allow the public (friends, co-workers, family members, etc.) to view your Profile details."

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 10:58 PM - Response #4

PUZZLE SOLVED: So these "new" Profile Visibility options are associated with using the ClassConnection App from Facebook... See Kyle Erickson's Response #5 in this thread (from 2015!): Profile Visibility Changes

Edited 06/02/20 11:01 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.