Adding URL Link to home Page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/07/16 02:46 PM Views: 1161 Replies: 5
Monday, November 7, 2016 at 2:46 PM

How do I do that?..may have l
known at one time...but age tricks you. Thanks
Gary

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 at 11:01 AM - Response #1

Copy the URL you would like to link to. Type a link phrase such as a page name or click here. Highlight the phrase with your cursor and click the insert link button in the toolbar (2nd row, 3rd from right). Paste the link into the URL field. Click OK and then Save the page. Go to the page where you added the link to test your new link.

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 at 3:18 PM - Response #2

Hi Scott,
Got your instructions but steps dont seem to agree with what I am doing which is: Copy URL from Web site
1. Open Edit Site pages
2. Open Add New Page
3. Enter Link Name (U.S. Senate List)
4. Click the underlined portion of scroll down, optimize info, or something like that. It opens to page that allows me to "paste" URL, which goes fine
5. Add page name, etc and click "save"
6. Click on Preview...which opens up space for word document but does not directly open the U.S. Senate link.

Help?!
Gary

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 at 4:46 PM - Response #3

Ah - you are trying to add a link to the navigation that would take you away from the class creator system. We do not offer that as an option. You can follow my instructions above to add a link in the body of the page to add a link that goes away from your site.

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 at 7:33 PM - Response #4

Technically that's possible by adding some code in the page you create for the link you want.

However, it's better to do it the way Scott described. Less confusion Smile Last time I did that (before you could rearrange links), the editor actually redirected to the page unless you keep it in raw html source mode - so that's another reason not to do that Cool

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 2:54 PM - Response #5

Got it...I knew there had to be an easier way to do this. Thanks much.
Gary

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.