ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

User Forums & Photo Albums

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/21/10 07:52 PM Views: 1295 Replies: 1
Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Is there a way to automatically subscribe alumni to a particular User Forum?

As an example, we have a multi-year site (all students during the 50 years the school has been around). There is a User Forum set up for each class year to discuss their reunion plans, so I would like everyone from, say, the Class of '79 to be subscribed to the Reunion User Forum for the Class of '79. Not sure if this is possible. If it isn't possible to automatically set them up, is there a way that I (site admin) can subscribe them?

It would also be kind of cool for alumni to be able to subscribe to Photo Albums. I've created a photo album for each class year and have posted at least a few pictures in each. Since our alumni site has 50 years of students, it is probable that younger alumni may not be as interested in photos from the '60's as their own era (and visa versa!).

Any input will be good!

Thx!
Barb

Sunday, March 21, 2010 at 8:57 PM - Response #1

No, and no. Not the answers you wanted I'm sure!

Auto subscribe to forums: No, the reason being, people are very sensitive about what comes to their email. What you consider wanted, even though most other Classmates might agree with you, there will be at least some out there who don't want it. So it goes with email. In general we think people should opt in. Having said that though, it would be very easy for you to email specific groups of people on your site, asking that they opt in, and giving them exact instructions for doing so. If you do that, the likelihood is most will in fact opt it.

Subscribe to photo galleries: Nope, no subscription feature for Photo Galleries, but I'd give you the same answer I gave above. If you post a gallery that would be of particular interest to a segment of your site, I'd use the Email The Class feature to inform that segment of the site that the new photo gallery exists.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.