ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Banner Size throws my Home page off

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/21/11 03:30 PM Views: 1070 Replies: 3
Monday, March 21, 2011 at 3:30 PM

I put a banner on our homepage, using one computer. Now Im looking at our site, using a HP mini, and my entire homepage text has been pushed to the bottom due to the Banner. How do I correct this?

Monday, March 21, 2011 at 3:48 PM - Response #1

Hi Cheryl,

It is displaying fine in Internet Explorer. Firefox displays things a little differently and in that browser the width of the file from the other server is too wide. It should be 420 pixels or less. The script does not include height and width tags so you will need to go back to the flashvortex.com site and see if you can specify it there or make a graphic that is not quite as wide.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, March 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM - Response #2

What is the screen size resolution of the HP mini?

Even on my 23" monitor, the banner (or something else) is also pushing the home page content to the bottom.

Check the FAQs - Look at #8 as a guide to the maximum width for third party items appearing on the home page.

Several items on the home page are over 400 pixels wide -- the weather bug, the photos of the school, the newsletter and the scrolling banner.

Edited 03/21/11 3:55 PM
Monday, March 21, 2011 at 4:59 PM - Response #3

Jessica, thanks. I changed the pixel size and it seemed to have fixed the problem! Thanks as well John!

Edited 03/21/11 5:00 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.