ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

bounce backs

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/05/14 11:01 AM Views: 1195 Replies: 12
Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Could I please get some help clearing these. I have sent email to all through my own and all are good.
Thank you

Edited 08/06/14 6:00 PM
Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 11:10 AM - Response #1

Hi Jodi,

I took a look at the first 3 and they are all coming up as failed addresses. Normally that means the email address is bad. Although I've seen cases where a mailserver on the other end was just "misbehaving" and something else went wrong resulting in them reporting this.

Bottom line in any case is the classmates themselves need to log in and either confirm their address is actually correct, or provide a new working email address. I suggest you copy and paste the email below and send it to each of the classmates with a bounce from your own private email provider.

-----

Your email address on our http://www.cubberley63.com web site is bouncing. Until this problem is resolved no future emails from the system can be sent to you. Please do this:

1) Log into our web site at http://www.cubberley63.com
2) You'll see at the top of the home page that your email address is bouncing
3) Click to generate a new test email to yourself (just follow the directions on screen)
4) When you receive the email click the link inside. The act of clicking the link inside the email automatically removes the bounce problem and your account is returned to normal.
5) If you are having trouble receiving the test email you may need to contact your email provider and ask why the email is not being delivered to your inbox. Alternatively you can try entering a different email address.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 2:02 PM - Response #2

Thanks I sent that to them

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 3:50 PM - Response #3

Thanks, Brad. This is just what I needed to inform nine of my classmates who show bounced emails.

Doreene

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 4:55 PM - Response #4

I had the bounceback folks double-check to see that they had the correct website email in their contacts. As far as I know, that solved it.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 10:31 PM - Response #5

I didn't think everyone saw the bouncebacks, only admins??? Clarify please???

Edited 08/05/14 10:31 PM
Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 11:41 PM - Response #6

When I saw the bouncebacks, I emailed the folks to see if they were getting updates. Those who responded said they had not received emails from our website in a long time. That is when I told them to add to contacts.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 5:42 PM - Response #7

Hi Brad,
One of our classmates has been blocked and I sent her these instructions today. Her email address is correct, so where do we go from here?

"Hi, Jackie,

My e-mail went through, but this message came back. The problem seems to be with the class site.

Bunny

Edited 08/06/14 6:08 PM
Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 5:44 PM - Response #8

I have a classmate who had a bounced email. I sent him Brad's suggested message. The classmate logged on to the website but couldn't understand what to do. I told him to send me the email address he was using and his password and I would see what I could do on my end. I logged on as him and everything worked just fine. There was no bounced email message and I was able to view everything on the website. I emailed him back and told him it worked fine on my end. I suggested to him that it might be his computer. He emailed me back saying he just tried on his laptop and on a computer at his office. He couldn't get on. I don't know what else to tell him. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 6:14 PM - Response #9

If the classmate is no longer seeing their own bounce then they must have cleared it (unless a request was made for support here to clear it).

If there is a bounceback for a classmate they can see their own bounceback only at the top of their home page when they are logged in.

Admins can see all bounces for their class site. Classmates only see their own.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 6:29 PM - Response #10

That's the problem. The bounce back no longer shows but he still can't seem to log in. I can log in for him using his email and password but he can't. It's not a CC problem, it's his problem. But I don't know what else to tell him to do.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 6:33 PM - Response #11

He might need to clear his browser cache and/or cookies. This page shows most browser types and how to clear it step by step - there are a few ads on their site, however, their information is very detailed and they update it often so it should have the information he needs for clearing both for almost any browser type.

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cookies

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

Jessica

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM - Response #12

Thanks, Jessica. That might work. I'll let him know.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.