ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Site Pages

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/20/12 07:11 PM Views: 1495 Replies: 10
Friday, July 20, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Is there a way to change the order of the Site Pages?
If not, could this possibly be considered in a future update?

Friday, July 20, 2012 at 8:26 PM - Response #1

If I remember the order of the release modules of ClassCreator 3.0, it is the Classmate Profiles page next (custom icon support) and then after that, it is the Link Reordering Module. It is on the list, just taking more time to program it than was originally thought.

Friday, July 20, 2012 at 9:34 PM - Response #2

Thanks for the info.

Friday, July 20, 2012 at 11:33 PM - Response #3

You know I am patiently waiting for this Wink and I just KNOW you are going to roll this out while I am vacationing in Alaska! That would be my luck!

Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 6:10 PM - Response #4

Denise,
Do you need help packing? Laughing

Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 6:12 PM - Response #5

No, Gwen, I think I have it covered! LOL! I am really looking forward to it!

Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 7:03 PM - Response #6

Ahhh... it was a "Hurry up and go" nudge just in case your trip and 3.0 were to somehow happen at the same time.Cool

Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 7:50 PM - Response #7

I doubt you will miss anything while on your trip. However, CC could surprise me and that would be nice. I am not aware of the official release schedule for the above features.

Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 1:53 PM - Response #8

Did this ever get resolved? I would like to re-order the site pages but can't find a way to do it. Thanks.

Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 1:59 PM - Response #9

It is still being worked on. There will probably be an e-mail to all the admins when this gets released.

Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM - Response #10

Hi Ted,

Welcome to the world of class sites and more at Class Creator. Many of us have been in your place - just starting out and not finding the way to accomplish what we want to do. I'll include a suggestion found in here to help you get close to what you want. But first...

I took a quick look at your site. I have a similar, if not the same, layout for my single year site. If you choose another layout with Classmate Profiles, Forums (if you choose to open them), Contact Us, In Memory and Home Page across the top, it separates these key pages from the rest. That is the first option I would consider.

In order to move the other pages around, you could use a trick many of do... Gallery Creator. Yet I want to share what I believe will happen. When 3.0 is released with the dropped down menus and all, you will have a chore in copying pages into the new options. I'll give you my plan later.

About using Gallery Creator:
In Gallery Creator, you do not have to add photos as an album. You can use the pages as you would other pages and move them in the order you wish to have them... within the Gallery area. (An invisible field on the menu I call the Gallery area.) It does help. Here is a post written about it:

Eric Bassey
RE: Expand Gallery Creator for "Sub" Navigation Link
Posted Thursday, August 30, 2012 at 11:04 AM

You can make subpages using the instructions here: http://classcreator.com/ericb/subpage.html
Please note that this is a workaround and is not an intentional design feature. As the ClassCreator system continues to develop, changes to the codebase may break this functionality.

I do not have any details on the upcoming new design or associated features.

-------end of copy/paste of post -------

My plan when the 3.0 is released:
To me, the easiest way to move things around within 3.0 will be:
1) Copy the source code of a page into Notepad and SAVE it with your page name as the file name. Do this for each page.
2) Look at the options you have before you begin moving pages around.
3) Then copy/paste each page where you choose to put it.

Remember, this is forward thinking. I know no more than you about 3.0 other than what we all read here. This is simply my plan. If CC shares that I am causing myself more work... I'm listening. Wink

Edited 11/10/12 9:30 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.