ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Unable to Login Comcast

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/17/19 01:25 PM Views: 466 Replies: 7
Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 1:25 PM

Yesterday, 9/16/19, I received emails from two classmates that they couldn't login to the site. In researching the problem, I noticed both users had Comcast email addresses. Prior postings here mentioning Comcast related to delivery of emails. That I understand. I checked logins after the timestamp on the emails yesterday. The number of logins seemed normal to me, and none of those logging in had Comcast addresses. Any thoughts?

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 5:35 PM - Response #1

I'm not aware of any Comcast issues reported and we use Comcast here at the office and I also use it at home. Are they able to login now?

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 12:23 PM - Response #2

Jessica:

Thanks for your assistance. I gave one of our classmates a new password and he got in fine. I tried a new password with my other classmate. Neither it, nor anything else
I had him try worked.

Is there now a possible issue with him being locked out due to too many failed attempts?

Thanks for your help.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 1:12 PM - Response #3

If he is locked out, he will see a message that says : Request Cancelled : Issue 101 followed by an IP Address ##.###.##.### ... I would need to know the IP address number to unblock that IP.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 6:04 PM - Response #4

I am now at a loss for steps to take to allow the remaining user to login.

Could my swapping his current alternate email address with his current primary email address be a solution? Could my removing all of the information now in his profile allow him to recreate a profile and then login as if he were new?

Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 6:58 PM - Response #5

Is the remaining classmate receiving an error like the one Scott referenced above? If he has too many failed attempts it can trigger an IP ban that we can clear if you can get his IP address.

The issue would not have anything to do with his comcast email address. We don't block based on provider so changing the address shouldn't make a difference. Find out if he is seeing the site or the error.

If he sees the site it is possible he has a failed login attempt that stored a bad login cookie on his browser. Clearing his browser cookies would help if that is the case. This site has helpful information on clearing cookies for most browser types: https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic

Jessica

Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 8:48 PM - Response #6

I haven't communicated with my classmate since Tuesday afternoon, but...

The error message Scott offered has not appeared, at least not as of the last time I communicated with my classmate. As for the Comcast issue, that's clearly not the case.

As for a bad login cookie, I'd appreciate your reaction to the following. My classmate has a computer at his business office. He has another computer at home. He has tried to login on both computers. Any thoughts? Before tackling the article you've suggested, I'd like to know if you have any other thoughts. Thanks.

Barry

Friday, September 20, 2019 at 11:52 AM - Response #7

May I have the member's name? I can try logging on as him from here. Typically this simply boils down to using the wrong password.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.