ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Discussion Forums

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/06/10 01:12 PM Views: 1345 Replies: 6
Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 1:12 PM

I had started a thread, called 50th Class Reunion and have 2 replies... Then a classmate replied startig a new thread. Is there a way I can move her message to the original forum ? I tried to copy and paste, but, the security wouldn't allow me..

Can somebody at CC move it for me... Thank you..

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 2:47 PM - Response #1

No. There is no way to move a Topic into a Response on a different thread. All kinds of problems would occur if there was such a mechanism. For example email links that go out to the subscribers for New Topics would all be broken. Other usability issues also would happen too numerous to list. There is no security on copy and paste though so I'm not sure what you're referring to there. You should be able to easily copy the text and paste it into the other forum...although the response would come from your name and not the name of the Classmate unless you first actually log in as the Classmate..or have the Classmate do it.

Edited 10/06/10 2:48 PM
Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 2:56 PM - Response #2

Brad -- can't admins select an option that new topics must be approved? This would prevent someone answering an existing thread by starting a new topic.

John

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 2:57 PM - Response #3

Yes. Nobody would be able to see the New Topic until approved, you are correct. There would still be no way to move that topic to a response in a different forum though.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 3:42 PM - Response #4

Sorry, your message contains an element that has been disallowed for security purposes. Please review the source code of your message and remove all of the following:

onclick
ondblclick
onselect
onmousedown
onmouseup
onmouseover
onmousemove
onmouseout
onfocus
onblur
onkeypress
onkeydown
onkeyup
onselect
onload
onunload
onerror
onsubmit
onreset
onchange

If you feel the code you have included in your message should have been allowed, please email a copy of your source code to info@classcreator.com and explain what you were attempting to do and why you feel your post should be allowed. We may consider writing a workaround to allow your code in the future.

(This is what I get when I try and copy & paste.)

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 4:13 PM - Response #5

Looks familiar to me... I saw that yesterday. Brad will explain it.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 9:29 PM - Response #6

Basically it means some code must have also copied behind the scenes. Do this:

1) Paste the text into Notepad instead (Start, Programs, Accessories, Notepad)
2) Once in Notepad select the text again and copy it again
3) Now try pasting it into the forum.

Doing this will strip out any source code, leaving only 100% ASCII text.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.