ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Old profile format

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/27/16 07:27 AM Views: 1134 Replies: 18
Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 7:27 AM

Good morning from Kernersville.
some time ago, the profile page was re-formatted. I opted to leave my www.efhs1973.com and www.efclassof72.com sites with the older version of the profile page.

Not sure when things changed - but this am, I visited the profile page of a member, and was surprised to see that my site profile pages are now the newer version. I prefer the old ---------is it still an option? I personally dislike the newer version (strongly dislike it)Question

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 10:40 AM - Response #1

When the current "social" profile format was introduced, our site also opted to keep the older "classic" profile format. Some time ago, I believe there was some discussion about difficulties uploading photos if we remained in the "classic" format, so we requested CC admin to convert us over to the "social" profile format. Maybe now the conversion has become mandatory. If so, you can adjust the look somewhat. Under Admin Functions, select Preferences, then scroll down to Profile Preferences and make the selections you wish for Post Message to Classmates, Comments, Latest Interactions, and Photos.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 2:20 PM - Response #2

We have 2 options. Option 1. Go to the Preferences page and use the Profile Preferences settings to have the new profiles mimic the classic profiles format as closely as possible. This is not a difficult process for you to go to and perform some set up experiments. Option 2 would be to go back to the actual classic profiles understanding that you would be doing so without any future use of being able to upload images to the profiles. We are not providing any support or using any resources towards fixing the classic profiles as they are an out of date relic of the system. We would prefer that you choose Option 1 and experiment with the Profile Preference Settings found on your Preferences Page.

Thanks,

Scott Mastenbrook
Class Creator

Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 7:51 AM - Response #3

Aaargh!! I hate the newer version of the profile format.

Debby Royall Loggins and Joey Loggins are both part of the EFHS Class of '72. Debby has profile - while Joey enjoyed the site by way of using Debby's logon. Joey sadly died this morning from cancer. I've added him to the In Memory - but have been unsuccessful in uploading a "master profile" picture, which, I assume, would in turn would be displayed on the In Memory.

Tell me (again) if I can have the complete former version of the profile format.

Irma Comer
www.efclassof72.com

Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 8:13 AM - Response #4

If you revert to the former version of the profile format, neither you nor anyone in your class will be able to upload a photo, according to what Scott Mastenbrook is saying above. Is this worth it? As I said, we had the old format and switched to the new so we could continue uploading photos.

For Joey Loggins' In Memory entry, you can upload a photo by clicking on the Image button (to the right of the Source button) in the editor.

Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 8:20 AM - Response #5

I missed the part about not being able to upload any photos using the older version. But the photo upload in the current/new profile format is not user friendly. also - as the Root admin for the site -- using Manage Classmates, I was going to upload Joey's profile picture there ------------which used to be easy as pie. Well - I did upload a photo using the Manage Classmates - but it's not appearing. I can't be the only one who has complaints about the uploading of photos.

Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 8:56 AM - Response #6

I can't speak to uploading a photo on my profile, but uploading a photo as an admin to a regular page or to an In Memory page is extremely similar to what is was like using the former image editor. Once you've created the In Memory page, the editor with its three rows of icons appears at the top of the page. Clicking on the Image icon, to the right of the Source icon, brings up the Image Properties box. Click on Choose File, then upload the photo. I've uploaded many photos with no difficulty.

Edited 12/29/16 8:57 AM
Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 9:00 AM - Response #7

Appreciate your replies --- I've been a root admin since 2009 and am familiar with most 'how to' thingys. Very Happy
I've added a photo to Joey's In Memory ----I still don't understand why the Manage Classmate upload didn't work - and/or why there are oodles of problems with uploading photos.

This week's frustration reminds me of a problem another member had a few weeks ago. I don't remember what all the issues were --- there were a few emails exchanged between me and CC, all of which I shared w/ the member. Bottom line - the member (who is pretty hi tech) was never successful in uploading photos - and he has since deleted his profile.

Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 1:29 PM - Response #8

I understand that you don't want to make the change, however, in this case, it really is the best option. I am willing to provide any assistance necessary to help with understanding the photo upload process on the profiles.

Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 1:55 PM - Response #9

Thanks Scott. I may reach out to you by phone soon.Very Happy

Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 2:18 PM - Response #10

Irma, sometimes (but not always) the process of uploading a yearbook photo (or a master photo)is a two step process.
When you edit someone's profile and put your cursor on the yearbook icon and click on 'select photo', it takes you to the photo gallery where you can upload a new photo. That photo may upload but not display in the yearbook icon. If you then go back to edit the profile and put your cursor on the yearbook icon and choose "Select a photo", and click on the photo you just uploaded, it will finally be displayed where you wanted it.
You can turn off the green check mark on that photo since it now displays as the yearbook photo and does not need to display when people view the rest of the profile photos.

Edited 12/29/16 9:52 PM
Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 7:26 AM - Response #11
MikeMabe.jpg

Class Creator - this am I have once again been unsuccessful in uploading a photo to a member's profile.

Improvements by CC to the users are great WHEN/IF they are indeed improvements. the changes made to the profile format and uploading a profile photo using the Manage Classments feature needs to be looked at again.

Howsabout one of you guys uploading Mike Mabe's profile picture on my behalf. I tried twice, but it's not displaying. I'm beyond frustrated, and may have to shop for a new reunion website for the 3 sites I maintain.

www.efclassof72.com Member Mike Mabe

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 8:06 AM - Response #12

Hi Irma. Happy New Year. The image was successfully uploaded but not active. It is there now.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 1:38 PM - Response #13

I've seen that a time or two. Sometimes when you upload a photo, it appears - with the green check mark already there. But occasionally, the photo is there but does not have the green check mark. Clicking on the photo to turn on the green check mark takes care of the problem.

Friday, February 3, 2017 at 6:27 AM - Response #14

Okay -- I'm back - still complaining about uploading photos to profile pages.

On Feb 2., Deborah Marie Moore created a profile. Knowing that I had uploaded all senior pictures to profiles when I launched my CC site in 2009, I was surprised that I could NOT see her photo on her profile page.

I then went to Manage Classmates - thinking maybe I had missed adding her photo. But there was an icon indicating her profile photo was there. I went back to her profile page---still didn't see it. From her profile page, I uploaded her senior year picture, which was 100% completed. The pic is NOT showing.

What gives w/ all the difficulties?Mad

Friday, February 3, 2017 at 1:24 PM - Response #15

Irma, I've seen that too. If the photo is there when you use edit classmates to view her profile photos, put your cursor on the Yearbook icon, edit to Select Photo, and select the one in her photo gallery that you want.

Friday, February 3, 2017 at 2:10 PM - Response #16

I need CC to get the photo displayed. I am tired of trying.

Sign me highly frustrated in NCEvil or Very Mad

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 11:55 AM - Response #17

Irma - Please see Deborah's profile. I have turned on the photo for you.

Monday, January 25, 2021 at 4:27 PM - Response #18

I just have to say we MUCH prefer the older profile format. The newer format is messy. The old format was focused. When a profile was flagged as having been updated, the profile was actually updated. Flagging a profile as updated when another classmate makes a comment is not accurate. Our classmates are losing interest and no longer expect to see anything of interest when they click in the recently updated.

The most interesting part of the profile was the school story and what someone had been doing since high school. “Profile Questions: Show xxxx’s Profile Questions and Answers” is barely visible on someone’s profile, so mostly ignored, while there is a lengthy list of random comments that look like an attempt to function like Facebook. Those comments are more appropriately displayed in what’s new (as they are) and don’t need to be repeated in the profiles. Profiles should be specific to the individual. Can preferences be enhanced to bring more visibility to the two key sections?

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.