ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Home Page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/09/08 01:09 PM Views: 1119 Replies: 2
Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 1:09 PM

I am trying to edit my hompage this morning and when I hit the source button...it turns blue and nothing happens. In the far lower left hand corner I get a message that says "Error on page". I logged off and back on and even re booted and still nothing. I can get to the source area on other pages just not the home page. Any suggestions?

JIM

Edited 11/09/08 1:15 PM
Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 3:09 PM - Response #1

Yup. You pasted a whole bunch of Microsoft Word code in there. And Internet Explorer is not too fond of that.

By the way, if you happen to do that again, just edit your page with Firefox. Firefox ignores all that Word code. Better still, don't paste Micorosoft Word code into your page. Just doing a regular copy and paste from Microft Word into your site will copy Word code in there, even if you're not even looking at Source Code view.

Here's a little tip: If you like working with Microsoft Word, copy your content and paste it into Notepad. Then in Notepad reselect your content and copy it again. And then paste it into your site. That will strip out all that nasty Microsoft Word code.

Since I was in there I stripped out all that Word code for ya. So you can edit your home page with Internet Explorer again.

Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 3:33 PM - Response #2

Thank you Bradley....you are a gentleman and a scholar!

JIM

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.