ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Cannot update home page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/07/12 05:02 PM Views: 1237 Replies: 5
Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I am having trouble updating the home page. I click on home page and scroll down, but there is no text in the any code...to be able to change or edit.

Help.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 5:05 PM - Response #1

To edit the home page text, go to Edit Site Pages, Edit Home Page. Scroll down to the editor and then you can click the SOURCE button (top row of icons, looks like the word "SOURCE"). Then you can delete everything in the window. You can then click SOURCE again and type any new content you want.

If this doesn't help you, I might not have understood your question. Please rephrase the question. Thanks.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 5:24 PM - Response #2

I know how to edit the home page; however, there is no box with all the source/text/etc...to be found. "Your Content" (Homepage text) is blank.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 5:28 PM - Response #3

Sometimes Instant Messaging causes problems with Internet Explorer. Try disabling Instant Messaging to see if it works. Also, others have been known to get Internet Explorer to work by turning on Compatibility Mode (Browser TOOLS menu I think).

Another option is to try a different browser to see if your problem is browser specific (I tried your Edit Site Pages, Edit Home Page in Firefox and I had no problems). It also might be Computer specific.

Since I cannot reproduce the problem, I can only offer suggestions.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM - Response #4

Can't you edit the homepage without hitting the source buttn? I thought I had done that; and only used the source button when it involved music or pictures, not text. Am I wrong?
Barbara

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 10:51 PM - Response #5

Yes, you can, but Leilani has other information on the home page like background and invisible codes. You need to hit the SOURCE to see the invisible codes.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.