ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

MP3 player = make invisible

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/16/11 02:07 PM Views: 1165 Replies: 8
Friday, September 16, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Hi,
I know I can do this with Playlist.com, and have a record of all the code to do that. But, I'd like to use the CC playlist so I don't go off site. On my business site I just want the music to play without people being able to see it. Can this be done with the CC widget?

Thanks,
Diana

Monday, September 19, 2011 at 11:50 AM - Response #1

Hi Diana,

The CC widget will pop up a box asking visitors if they want to play the music or not, and there isn't a way to bypass that. You *can* have the widget not display on the page, but it means editing the embed code and adding a style attribute ( style="width:1px;height:1px;") to the opening tag.

I hope that helps!

Monday, September 19, 2011 at 11:59 AM - Response #2

Thanks, Eric. I'll play with it to see what happens. When I did it using Playlist.com I believe I changed a lot of values to zeroes, so I'll see the 1px does.

D.

Monday, September 19, 2011 at 2:57 PM - Response #3

I looked at the embed code before I copied and pasted and when in "source". There was no place to adjust height and width. I've tried to copy the code twice now to this post to show you, but it will not copy. It's very short and primarily mentioned class mp3 code, without the parameters I used to see in Playlist.com.

Please advise. Thanks.
Diana

Monday, September 19, 2011 at 3:23 PM - Response #4

1. Another situation with this. I unchecked the box about listing the tracks below control bar, but they still appear.
My site for this is dianadenholm.com.

2. Also, any way this business title can show up differently when Googled? If I google "diana denholm" it shows "Brookfield, WI" at the end of the name. Now that you're changing over to business sites, can this go away?

Please advise.
Thanks,
Diana

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 12:45 PM - Response #5

Hi Diana,

I edited the embed code so the player is hidden. You can use the Source view in the editor to see what I did. This also takes care of the problem with tracks displaying.

As for the city and state in the window title, we do not at present have the ability to prevent that information from displaying in the window title, but I did change it so that the city and state match those in your contact information. As we expand our services to business clients, that change absolutely makes sense to implement, and I will put it into the queue for possible inclusion in future updates to our product.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 at 12:24 PM - Response #6

Thanks, that looks perfect! I'll look at the code because I'm adding invisible music links to all the site pages.

Thanks for changing the location.

Best,
Diana

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 at 3:01 PM - Response #7

Thanks again. I was able to modify code for the various playlists I have, and added all of them to the appropriate pages! You're a star!

Diana

Monday, September 26, 2011 at 1:19 PM - Response #8

"You're a star!"

Yeah, we think we'll keep him around. Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.