ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Red X mark on Blank image frame

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/03/09 06:28 PM Views: 1579 Replies: 6
Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 6:28 PM

Noticed recently something weird on two webpages. The Bubby Factor had 5 images missing and on its place is a red X. In Memory had 1 missing image and a red X on its place. I didn't do anything the first time I noticed them; thought it was a fluke in the system that would probably correct itself. But today they were still missing so I uploaded the images again. Now my question is what caused that when I didn't add/delete anything. This is the first time its occurred though but what can I do to keep the images besides a save click? Thank you !

Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 10:18 PM - Response #1

I'm not sure since you fixed the problem, but make sure you aren't deleting any photos from File Vault that you're using somewhere on your site. Also make sure you're not copying and pasting images from other sites -- you have to upload all images to your site first so a copy permanently resides in your File Vault.

Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 11:32 PM - Response #2

That's it Brad. I cleaned out my file vault recently since a lot of them were duplicates. One had 1,2,3,4 of the same. It's easy to upload from my own file because of the thumbnail which isn't on the file vault. So I rarely browse from there. No wonder I get the alert that the file already existed. What does the image sign do? I click it once and nothing. I thought that it would show the image but it didn't. Just so I'm clear on this. Do not delete images from the file vault?
Upload all images from my own private file to file vault ? Am I using more space memory by having both? Thank you for looking into this.

Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 11:57 PM - Response #3

What "image sign" are you referring to exactly? If you mean the yellow image icon, that's just the icon that allows you to upload images to your site or get into your File Vault.

Yes, make sure you don't delete any images in File Vault that you're using on your site. Images have to exist somewhere. And that somewhere is your File Vault. Delete an image from there that you're using on your site, and poof, you get the dreaded broken Red X.

No, you're not using more space/memory by uploading your file to the system. You HAVE to upload it. Of course you have a copy of the image on your own local computer, and another copy exists on the webserver, but that's just how it works. Consider your own local copy a backup in case you ever inadvertently remove an image from your site that you later determine you need.

Edited 09/04/09 12:00 AM
Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 11:59 PM - Response #4

Thelma Alcordo wrote:

What does the image sign do? I click it once and nothing. I thought that it would show the image but it didn't.

The IMAGE sign is sometimes a drop-down menu with the other choice being "FILE". When you click on the "Image Button", all you can view in the File Vault is images.

When you click on the "Insert/Edit Link" button there is also a File Vault button and the drop-down is for FILE (like PDF, MID or DOC), and IMAGE. When IMAGE is selected, it will create a link to your Image. When FILE is selected, it will show the other kinds of files.

I hope this is what you were talking about.

Edited 09/04/09 12:00 AM
Friday, September 4, 2009 at 12:29 AM - Response #5

Thank you Kyle. That's exactly what I was referring to by "image". Congratulations on your new title.

Friday, September 4, 2009 at 7:15 AM - Response #6

thanks, glad I could help.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.