ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Valentine's Box

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/14/13 12:41 PM Views: 1242 Replies: 29
Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM

A quick thank you to Steve Stein, Brazosport High School Class Of 1970, for the Valentine's Box that showed up today. Grapefruit for the whole staff! Thanks very much Steve -- for this -- but especially for being a long-term supporter of Class Creator and frequent participant who has helped shape the Class Creator system. You do all that and send Valentine's Gifts to boot? Geez. That put some very real smiles on the faces in this office this morning so thank you.

By the way, this means we'll be reading Steve's posts first, taking his suggestions more seriously, and bumping his requests to the top of the priority list starting now. So if other requests get knocked down in priority because of Steve you can just blame him. I should also point out that we can indeed be bribed, they are not beneath us, and our doors are open to confections, baked goods, frozen treats, and midnight pizzas during development crunch times. We will in fact build Class Creator features for food. Wink

Seriously, thank you Steve. A nice gesture on your part that is much appreciated by all in the office today.

Edited 02/14/13 12:45 PM
Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 12:52 PM - Response #1

Where's the "Like" button?!

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 12:53 PM - Response #2

I like your style, Brad. Never do something for nothing when a bribe means so much more. lol

Sorry I can't do similar for you all, as there's no doubt you do a wonderful job,but the time, distance and cost of shipping grapefruit from the UK is detrimental to the carbon footprint. That's my excuse for everything these days.

Enjoy your just desserts!

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 1:02 PM - Response #3
a day of love.bmp

"By the way, this means we'll be reading Steve's posts first, taking his suggestions more seriously, and bumping his requests to the top of the priority list starting now. So if other requests get knocked down in priority because of Steve you can just blame him. I should also point out that we can indeed be bribed, they are not beneath us, and our doors are open to confections, baked goods, frozen treats, and midnight pizzas during development crunch times. We will in fact build Class Creator features for food. "
Sounds like the "old Brad humor" is back.

Thank you Steve for reminding us today is Feb. 14 ; I guess it's because it's right after Ash Wednesday ( where some observed fasting and abstinence).

Today is a great day to remind people that you are loved and lovable. Happy Valentines Day Cheers to Brad and CC team
and all the admins who visit here.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 1:05 PM - Response #4

Hmmmm, I might have to put together a care package of "Cajun" goodies from Louisiana. Smile. Y'all are just the best business/customer service with whom I have ever had the pleasure to deal.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 1:17 PM - Response #5

Well, I'll be! CC Staffers received actual grapefruit. I received a photo of many, many boxes of grapefruit from Steve today. However, it was to show me the task he is working on... juicing them. Me thinks Steve is buttering up CC real well. Y'all enjoy!

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 1:18 PM - Response #6
Like Button.jpg

You have my vote. I can sen a package of Snow.....

Edited 02/14/13 1:19 PM
Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 1:18 PM - Response #7

Grapefruit for the whole staff! Thanks very much Steve

Let me get this stright Grapefruit for a Happy Valentines Day
Grapefruit is not sweet Laughing Candy is for Valentines Day I think Steve Stein, Brazosport High School is trying to tell you somethingLaughingLaughingLaughingIdeaWink

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 1:26 PM - Response #8

Hey, William, it's Texas grapefruit, everything about Texas is gooood!

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM - Response #9

Bill H., you're talkin' my language now!

Robert, the sky here is delivering your package now. That's some pull you've got!

William, we checked. There aren't any razor blades in those grapefruit. Wink

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 1:36 PM - Response #10

Hey Brad! FYI, my special triple-chocolate brownies will be going in the oven after I finish uploading my class list/pix - providing it works! I'm going to try it on my own first, then call if I need to (as you suggested). (I finally got my music links to work & am feeling a bit more confident now! Very Happy ) Thank you again for all your hard work & help. (& no offense, but hope I don't have to..)talk to you soon! Wink
Happy Valentine's Day to all!

~one of the "newbies"

Edited 02/14/13 1:37 PM
Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 1:40 PM - Response #11

I was stationed in the Rio Grande Valley at Brownsville, TX back in the 70s in the Border Patrol, had never liked grapefruit but while on patrol through some of the orchard areas the farmers would allow us to pick one off the tree to enjoy while watching the river for illegals and smugglers. I developed a taste for them, really good.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 1:45 PM - Response #12

golllleee !! gee whiz, glad to see that those in charge are no more serious that I am.... no wonder I love CC you're my kind of people, not a serious bone in your body.... HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM - Response #13

LOL
The pleasure is all mine!

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM - Response #14
bestgrapefruitever.jpg

Best.
Grapefruit.
Ever.

Afternoon snack time. Very Happy

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 2:31 PM - Response #15

Bill Holly
Quote:

Hey, William, it's Texas grapefruit, everything about Texas is gooood!

GOOD AND SWEET!!! No need for sugar.
Excellent call, Steve!Cool

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 2:51 PM - Response #16

Thanks Steve! They are VERY GOOD!!

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM - Response #17
Like Button.jpg

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 2:58 PM - Response #18

Sure wish I'd known this sooner. But even if..... I sure wouldn't send you anything healthy! What's the fun in that?! And I'm originally from Texas.

I'm not knocking TX grapefruit, but surely a "mess of" bbq ribs would place me higher on the priority list.Very Happy

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 3:06 PM - Response #19

Grapefruit? That's what made Cagney famous in the movies (a little trivia here). You guys shouldn't emulate that famous action.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 3:14 PM - Response #20

Thank you Steve for making the rest of us look like thoughtless shlumps.Smile Bribery in this case sounds like a win win!! Seriously, very nice of you. Brad, your thank you was very funny...like the Brad we know. Happy Valentine's Day to you and team...Bonita

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 3:54 PM - Response #21

Bonita Lyon wrote:

Thank you Steve for making the rest of us look like thoughtless shlumps.Smile Bribery in this case sounds like a win win!! Seriously, very nice of you. Brad, your thank you was very funny...like the Brad we know. Happy Valentine's Day to you and team...Bonita

Wonder what's in it for Steve, Bonita. Wink

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM - Response #22

CA Has some of the Best Wine. Idea wonder what kind of service that will get meQuestionWinkWink

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 5:12 PM - Response #23

Definitely good service William. Good service.

Friday, February 15, 2013 at 4:47 PM - Response #24

I must admit, I did NOT expect a ‘Help Forum’ post on this, and I am a bit embarrassed because of it! But, since I ‘have the floor,’ let me tell you all a little bit more about CC.

A few of you know that last Summer, while on an extended vacation through Michigan, I had intentions of dropping by the CC office in Ann Arbor just to say hi, and express my appreciation for all they do. When I woke up that morning in the hotel room just down the road and TRIED to log in, the CC site was down. I drove to the CC office and arrived right after they opened the door and told them the site was down. They had not even booted up their computers yet, and when they did, they discovered that Brad was already in contact with the proper folks from his home, working on the situation. I believe it was Scott and Eric whom I met, as the others had not made it in yet. [They did tell me that they thought I was a FIRST for CC, having someone come in personally to report the site had issues. LOL]
Let me tell you all, I could not have asked for a warmer reception, even though the site was experiencing problems. I quickly exited after taking a few quick pictures as proof I had been there, and left them to do what they do best, and that is serve all of the CC member sites.
From previous posts, I think they like brownies as well!
Here is the ‘great’ part about my gifts – Kyle, who lives in another State, got the same package, and he doesn’t have to share with any office staff! : )
[The packages are gift boxes that were sent from a company I use that ships seasonally – I usually send such packages to relatives for Christmas and Hanukkah!]

p.s. – Brad, I hope the Ann Arbor package had the Texas pecans as well as the Texas honey in it – otherwise, someone hi-jacked them! LOL

Friday, February 15, 2013 at 4:51 PM - Response #25

The honey and pecans were there alright! Thanks, Steve!

Friday, February 15, 2013 at 4:53 PM - Response #26

I have had Texas Grapefruit as a snack and Orange Blossom Honey on toast for the past three days. Yummy!

Just so you know, I am sharing with my family. I haven't convinced my wife to make a pecan pie yet. Maybe this weekend. Looking forward to it.

Friday, February 15, 2013 at 7:30 PM - Response #27

Sorry, CC... I can't keep up with the Steins.

Enjoy!

Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM - Response #28

A few days late . . . but it took me two days to figure out how to get a picture linked to this forum. Thanks, Kyle! And Gwen, too!

Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 3:45 PM - Response #29

Hitting the big LIKE button, Rhonda! Very Happy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.