ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Help--everything is backwards

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/20/08 06:52 PM Views: 1547 Replies: 6
Saturday, September 20, 2008 at 6:52 PM

I went into the home page edit to add the price of a gallon of gas in 1960 and now what was at the bottom of my home page is at the top and the welcome, my log in, announcement, etc is half way down the page..

Something happens each time I try to add a line or a small picture to the home page..

Do I have to start all over again ?

I should learn to leave it alone.. I had it just perfect...

Lynda

Edited 09/20/08 6:57 PM
Saturday, September 20, 2008 at 9:23 PM - Response #1

That is absolutely amazing... Technically that's not even possible. Yet, there it is... Are you generating html code in some other program and pasting it into your web site?

I'm going to have a programmer investigate this. This has to be one of the strangest things I've seen all year.

Saturday, September 20, 2008 at 10:52 PM - Response #2

The strangest part is the home page looks the way I want in the editor, so I click on "save changes", but, then go to the home page and it's wrong.

The only thing I did--on Google, I found a page that had all the 1960 price of things, including price of a gallon of gas.. So instead of retyping ( which I should have done ) I highlighted the one line which had about 6 or 7 words in it and copied and pasted onto the editor... Looked fine until I went to the home page !!
Now, how I do I fix it.. I'm afraid I'll lose everything if I start taking out codes and trying to rearrange the home page...

Saturday, September 20, 2008 at 11:48 PM - Response #3

I tried adding a small image under the license plate, then "save changes" thinking it might save it the way it's suppose to be, but the image went on top of the home page again, which I took back out... nothing can be added below the plate picture..

Sunday, September 21, 2008 at 12:50 AM - Response #4

The progrmmer fixed this for you. Bottom line, the html you copied from other web sites "whacked out" the page. That's my technical explanation for ya. Be very careful about pasting html from other sites into your page. In this case, table code out of order actually reversed your content on the page, despite the fact that our editor managed to ignore the problem and display the page correctly.

Sunday, September 21, 2008 at 10:33 AM - Response #5

Thank you, Brad

First, for being so patient with me and second, the support and response from this forum is just spectacular.

Thanks again to you and your team...

Lynda

Sunday, September 21, 2008 at 11:10 AM - Response #6

Don't let this make you timid to try more stuff. It's very unlikely to happen again.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.