ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Registration for spring luncheon

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/22/14 01:58 PM Views: 1037 Replies: 5
Monday, December 22, 2014 at 1:58 PM

We will again be doing our Spring Fundraiser for our WHS Alumni Scholarship Foundation. We'd like to have online registration available. We have a PayPal account which as an established non-profit charges us 1.9% per transaction. How can we use our PayPal account on this site? Ideally, I think, we'd like to be able to advertise this event as we have done in previous years; we'd include a Paypal button to pay for it and choose one of the three menu choices (possibly add a donation option, too). Has someone done this and help us determine a set of steps to follow? Thanks

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 at 3:13 PM - Response #1

At long last the new Event Planner will shortly be live in beta (it has been delayed for awhile as we elected to make adjustments to make donations, store, and Event Planning all one seamless integrated system). Should be live first part of January. Menu options, store, donations, built-in PayPal integration and more is all here. If you can wait I strongly recommend doing so.

If you can't you can use the current Reunion Planner. Note that PayPal is an option but it is NOT a fully integrated PayPal solution. PayPal payments in the current Reunion Planner must be logged manually. Again the new Event Planner has a fully integrated PayPal solution.

In the current Reunion Planner you need to set up food choices as items for sale. That is how everyone has done it up until now. The New Event Planner includes a dedicated menu options feature.

Please note if you elect to wait for the new Event Planner it's coming out in beta, which means there will no doubt be some issues. While heavily tested internally, due to the complexity of this system and the litany of ways people us this I have zero doubt we will need to make some adjustments on the fly. If you're ok with that I'd wait it out if you can -- the new system is extremely nice and far more flexible.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 at 11:05 PM - Response #2

Brad, is this new Event Planner going change how we must collect funds or how we may collect funds? We're having another reunion this September in Texas. I have a PayPal debit card with St Angela Hall Academy 1963 attached to the card.Presently, if someone donates to the website the money goes onto the Debit card. If someone writes me a check, I put it into my personal account. That account is the draw PayPal uses to pul from if necessary. How drastically changed will this new event planner Be. It took me that better part of a year to make all the 'titles' work. Normally, a check made out to SAH cannot be depositedinto my personal account and PayPal didn't want to draw from a private account into a business payPal account.
Barbara

Thursday, December 25, 2014 at 1:34 AM - Response #3

It's important to note the new Event Planner is going live in beta. The current Reunion Planner will remain live. You'll be able to continue using all of the features of the current Reunion Planner if you need to for any reason.

Once we're absolutely sure all needs are accommodated by the new Event Planner we will take the old Reunion Planner offline (but for those who are still using it for their reunion planning -- they just wont' be able to create a new reunion with it).

The new Event Planner is fully integrated with PayPal. No more 4.9% processing fees. All PayPal payments are automatically accounted for in the system.

When the new system goes live I will cut a walkthrough video showing everybody how to use it. It's pretty straight forward but there's a lot here.

Thursday, December 25, 2014 at 4:27 AM - Response #4

Thanks, Brad. I guess I'mjust doubting my own ability. But, I feel I have learned a lot just from finding CC and following instructions. I'll give it a try. After all, I can always ask a question, right? As you know I'm not shy about that.
Actually, the new event planner sounds more comprehensive and simpler. Thanks for answering my concerns -- especially on Christmas Eve.
Barbara

Thursday, December 25, 2014 at 12:32 PM - Response #5

Right. It aims to address all kinds of issues and desires people have chimed in on. More shortly.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.